Starbucks Reserve® Sumatra Blue Batak
A meticulous process, honed for centuries by the Batak tribe
On the southern shores of Lake Toba, in Sumatra’s prized coffee-growing region, Batak tribe members grow big, bold coffee that’s smooth and earthy with deep, syrupy body and sweet herbal notes.
After the ripest cherries are handpicked, they’re painstakingly wet-hulled in small batches. The unique processing method, which requires constant attention due to the humid climate, gives the unroasted beans a distinct blue tint and contributes to the complex herbal flavor, redolent of the lush, fertile land.
- Producer: Small-hold farmers in the Lintong region of Sumatra
- Elevation: 3,900-5,200 ft.
- Processing Method: Semi-Washed
- Tasting Notes: Smooth and earthy with deep, syrupy body and sweet herbal notes
- Flavor Intensity: Medium
- Body: Full
- Acidity: Low
- Pairing Flavors: Cheese, chocolate savory herbs and spices