Future leaders start here
Are you a current partner?
Tuition and fees are fully covered.
*Tuition coverage does not include other educational expenses, such as textbooks and laptops. Financial aid may help cover these costs.
Honoring our Servicemembers
Pathway to Admission
Pathway to Admission is an expansion of our Starbucks College Achievement Plan benefit. Through this program, Starbucks and Arizona State University provide an admissions pathway for eligible partners (employees) who do not initially qualify for admission. Through Pathway to Admission, eligible partners (employees) can take up to 10 college-level courses to earn their admission into the university, with credit conversion costs fully covered.
- Starbucks believes in the promise and pursuit of the American Dream. According to the U.S. Department of Education, only half of Americans who begin college today will actually finish, largely due to financial and work / life barriers. In the U.S., we are on the verge of seeing an entire generation of young people left behind due in part to skyrocketing tuition costs that prevent more and more people from starting or finishing their undergraduate degree. To address this growing inequality in America, Starbucks partnered with a like-minded university who recognizes the need to address one of the single most important challenges facing young adults, and our U.S. partners, today - earning a bachelor’s degree. We’re in a position to help. Investing in our partners and education is one of the very best investments Starbucks can make.
- We spent considerable time looking for the right collaboration for our partners. ASU’s mission, values and brand are a good match to our own. ASU can stand side-by-side with Starbucks to offer a high-quality education, at scale, to all of our eligible U.S. partners. In addition, ASU is ranked as the #1 most innovative school in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Starbucks is proud to partner with an academic institution that recognizes the need for innovation to offer more people an opportunity of a quality higher education, and the freedom to pursue their passions in any field.
- To participate in the Starbucks College Achievement Plan, partners (employees) must be benefits-eligible. Part-time U.S. mainland partners establish initial benefits eligibility the first day of the second month after receiving a minimum of 240 total hours over three full, consecutive months. There are six ASU start dates every year—two sessions in the fall semester, two in the spring semester and two in the summer semester. It is recommended you complete the application process at least one month before your preferred start date.
- All U.S.-based, eligible partners employed by Starbucks-owned businesses—including Evolution Fresh, Siren Retail Corporation, and Starbucks Manufacturing —regardless of role, who do not yet have a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply.
- Apply to ASU: Visit starbucks.asu.edu to learn more about SCAP and to start your free application. Through the enrollment process, you will submit your official transcripts from high school and all colleges and/or universities you have attended. An ASU Enrollment Coach can walk you through each step of the application process: (844) ASU-SBUX.
- Complete your financial aid file: You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You're required to submit the FAFSA and any other financial aid documents each year. Your financial-aid counselor can help you apply. Visit fafsa.ed.gov to get started, and be sure to request that a copy be sent to ASU (school code 001081).
- Register for classes: Once you’re admitted to your degree program, an academic advisor will help you choose classes and make an academic plan to carry you all the way to graduation.
- Get ready: Before classes start complete “ASU 10: Connect–ASU Orientation” (created just for Starbucks partners!). This is a brief orientation to ASU and online learning that gives you the tools to succeed in achieving your academic goals.
- Start classes: Now you’re set up for success—it’s time to focus on the rigorous and rewarding classes you are taking with ASU’s award-winning faculty.
- You can transfer to ASU at any time—we recommend sooner to get the most benefit from the program—provided you meet their admissions criteria. We encourage you to discuss your options with an ASU enrollment coach, with no obligation to apply or transfer.
- ASU tuition and fees are fully covered. Other educational expenses, such as textbooks and laptops, are not covered.