Supplier Diversity Program
Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond us to the suppliers we work with.
By actively seeking diverse-owned businesses to purchase from, we help build prosperous communities. We believe our Supplier Diversity Program has been a great success, and we’re happy to report that the amount of business we conduct with diverse suppliers grows every year.
In addition to our buying practices, we support supplier diversity outreach projects sponsored by various organizations including the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and our local Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council. These projects include opportunity fairs, business development roundtables and supplier development projects.
We believe Supplier Diversity is a smart business decision and business imperative in today’s business climate. It helps us identify and deliver high-quality products and services across all business channels, while driving value and economic development in the communities we serve.
Who is eligible?
All businesses certified as “diverse" by a third-party agency with products and services relevant to Starbucks are eligible to apply for this program. Eligible companies must be located within the United States or Canada, its territories or possessions, and the owners must be U.S. or Canadian citizens.
Do you qualify as a Diverse Supplier?
Suppliers interested in doing business through Starbucks U.S./Canadian Supplier Diversity Program must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen or legal resident and 51% owned and operated by a women, minority, veteran, person with disability, LGBTQ, or a socio-economically disadvantaged small business.
- Certified by one of the following agencies:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council or regional affiliate
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- National Women Business Owners Corporation
- US Business Leadership Network
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Administration or other government or public agency
In this program, diverse groups are defined as: African-American; Asian-Indian American; Asian-Pacific American; Hispanic-American; Native American; Women, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender; Person with a disability; Veteran with a disability; and Veterans.
If you have questions about working with Starbucks as a Diverse Supplier, please see our Supplier Diversity FAQs and Resources.
It takes a distinct supplier mix to help us execute the Starbucks Experience for our customers inside and outside our stores. We are looking for suppliers to support product and service needs across our enterprise. Starbucks needs span across our brand portfolio: Starbucks Coffee, Teavana®, La Boulange®, Evolution Fresh ™, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Tazo Tea, including but not limited to:
- Food & Beverage - opportunities include: Fresh & Frozen assembly; Bakers/Bakeries of baked goods; Ingredient suppliers (butter, milk, cheese, eggs, flour, syrups, sauces, meats, dry blending, condiments, toppings etc.); Pre-packaged prepared food products (grab-n-go or ready to heat); Produce (fruits, vegetables, nuts/spices, leafy greens). Our minimum requirements for any supplier in this category is being GSFI certified & meeting our clean label requirements to support our health & wellness program which includes ethical sourcing & animal welfare.
- Store Development - opportunities are for General Contractors, Architects, Designers, Commercial furniture manufacturers, lighting, furnishings, fixtures, small-wares, beverage equipment, Commercial restaurant equipment (i.e. freezers, refrigerators, dishwashers, non-brewing equipment) & sustainable raw materials suppliers across the USA and Canada.
- Print production which has needs with existing store concepts, our products, our brands. Consumer Products Group opportunities globally with signage, co-packing and product packaging opportunities. This includes opportunities in the development and manufacturing of merchandise that extends the Starbucks’ brand experience in and outside our retail footprint.
- Logistics, Distribution & Transportation
- Capital Equipment
- Office and MRO suppliers
- Facilities Management
- There are no current Starbucks opportunities in the following: Information Technology Software & Staffing, Promotional Products, Human Resources Staffing/Consultancy Outsourcing Training & Development, Marketing & Legal, however, we will retain all your information and registration keeping it on file and contact you for when we do have any potential opportunities should you register with us.
The Starbucks Mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time as a performance driven company, through the lens of humanity. Starbucks global sourcing supports this in 5 ways: Designing a flexible, dynamic supply network; Leveraging suppliers who enhance our margins & increase certainty; Building a supply base to expedite our growth & innovation; Establishing supplier relationships that protect and elevate our brand that creates a shared value relationship.