FoodShare: Hunger relief in action
Did you know that:
- 1 in 7 Americans are food insecure
- Food waste accounts for 20 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions
- Almost 40% of food is lost between farm & fork
"Act with courage, challenge the status quo and find new ways to grow our company and each other."
In the spirit of Our Mission and Values, partners across the country advocated for a solution to donate unsold food to the communities we serve. Through a new and unique strategic partnership with Feeding America, we will rescue 100% of food available to donate from all of our U.S. stores, positioning Starbucks as the sector leader in food rescue.
At scale, Starbucks will:
- Support 100% store participation in food donation
- Provide 50 million meals annually
- Divert 60M pounds of food waste from landfills
- Lead a coalition of like-minded brands in the fight against hunger
How can you get involved?
- Be an advocate for the fight against hunger
- Make a contribution
- Lead a service project
Visit www.feedingamerica.org/take-action/volunteer to learn how you can volunteer at your local food bank.