Starbucks for Outlook: End User FAQ
- What can I do with the Starbucks for Outlook add-in?
Starbucks for Outlook lets you send eGifts and schedule meetings at Starbucks from your Outlook inbox. After installing the add-in, there will be two new buttons to “Send eGift” and “Meet at Starbucks” in the ribbon for email compose and meeting compose windows.
- How much does the Starbucks for Outlook add-in cost?
The add-in is free to install and use, but a purchase is required to send an eGift. Purchases are made using credit card payment methods stored in your Starbucks account.
- Do I need a Starbucks account to use Starbucks for Outlook?
A Starbucks account is needed in order to purchase an eGift, but an account is not required to use the Meet at Starbucks feature. If you don’t have a Starbucks account, you can create one here.
- What versions of Outlook and Exchange server are supported by the Starbucks for Outlook add-in?
The easiest way to know if you can use an Outlook add-in is by looking for the Add-ins “Store” button in the Home ribbon of your Outlook Inbox.
In order to use Outlook add-ins, you must be using a version of your Outlook client and Exchange server that supports add-ins. The table below lists all client and server versions that support Office add-ins.
- Outlook 2013 for Windows
- Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Outlook Web Access
- Outlook for Mac (Mail Read add-ins only)
- Office 365
- Outlook.com (only for accounts migrated to the new platform)
- Exchange 2013 (version 15.00.0516.032 or greater)
- Exchange 2016 (version 15.01.0225.042 or greater)
Find out which Exchange server version you are using by following these instructions.
- How do I install or uninstall the Starbucks for Outlook add-in?
Starbucks for Outlook can be installed from https://aka.ms/getcoffee. Learn more about how to manage and use Office add-ins here.
- I’ve installed the Starbucks for Outlook add-in, but how do I use it?
After installing the add-in, you will see a “Send eGift” ribbon button in Email compose windows and a “Meet at Starbucks” ribbon button in Meeting compose windows. Clicking these buttons will open the add-in.
- What types of personal information does the Starbucks for Outlook add-in require, and how is this data protected?
- Can the Starbucks for Outlook add-in be used with Outlook Web Access or Outlook.com?
Yes, Starbucks for Outlook can be used with Outlook.com and Outlook Web Access. The add-in supports the below browsers.
On Windows 7 and later, the add-in supports the latest version of Edge, IE, Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
On Mac OS X, the add-in supports the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
- I am an Exchange administrator at my organization. Can I deploy the Starbucks for Outlook add-in to all of my organization’s users?
Yes, you can deploy the add-in to your organization by following the instructions provided by Microsoft here.