Thank you for participating in the Partner Playlist Competition! The competition ended at 5:00 p.m. (PT) Saturday, August 11. Check the Partner Hub on August 24 for a list of winners and other details. After August 24, search “Starbucks and Spotify Playlist Winners” on the Partner Hub to find the winner’s list.
Enter the Starbucks & Spotify Partner Playlist Competition
Partners, it’s time to show off your love of music, Spotify, and summertime at Starbucks in our first-ever Partner Playlist Competition! Participate for a chance to win fun prizes including a $500 gift card, Spotify headphones, Spotify swag, and the chance to hear your playlist featured in over 8,000 Starbucks stores! The competition will begin on July 13, 2018 and will conclude at 5:00 p.m. (PT) on August 11, 2018. PLAYLISTS SUBMITTED AFTER THE CONTEST ENDS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. COMPETITION FOR ELIGIBLE U.S. STARBUCKS COMPANY-OWNED PARTNERS (EMPLOYEES) ONLY.
STEPS TO ENTER
STEP 1: CREATE YOUR ULTIMATE STARBUCKS SUMMER PLAYLIST
Build a playlist for the perfect Starbucks summer soundtrack. The playlist should have a minimum of 20 songs and maximum of 25 songs. The artists and genres are up to you, but the playlist must not include any profanity or explicit content to be eligible to win.
The name of your playlist is important, too. It must begin with “My Starbucks Summer Playlist – by___” and end with your first name. An example playlist could be “My Starbucks Summer Playlist – by Samantha.” Partners can search Spotify for playlists that follow this naming convention to discover other playlists submitted by partners and get an idea of the competition. Starbucks and Spotify will use your unique Playlist ID to measure the followers your playlist receives, so it’s fine if you have the same name as another partner competitor.
Log in to your Spotify account to get started.
If you do not currently have a Spotify Premium account, register here.
Don’t miss out on this partner benefit from our friends at Spotify!
STEP 2: OFFICIALLY ENTER THE COMPETITION
Click below to officially register for the competition on Smartsheet. You must click through to officially register, otherwise your playlist will not be eligible for the competition.
STEP 3: SHARE YOUR PLAYLIST AND ASK PEOPLE TO FOLLOW IT
Use the Spotify sharing features to share your playlist on your social media channels, and ask your friends, family and customers to “Follow” your playlist on Spotify. The 32 partners whose playlists have the most followers at the end of the competition will become finalists.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Sharing your playlist link on social media is a great way to get followers. Use #PartnerPlaylist to join the partner music community!
- Learn how to share your playlist on social media with these tips from Spotify.
- Your supporters don’t need to have Premium to follow your playlist – anyone with a Spotify account can follow your playlist.
- Listen to the summertime playlists on the Starbucks profile on Spotify for inspiration.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
After the competition ends on August 11, 2018, the 32 top-followed playlists will be reviewed by a panel of Starbucks judges who will score the playlists using the following criteria:
- 50% Curation Ability (creativity, music knowledge, sequence and mix of songs)
- 50% Connection to Theme (“your Starbucks Summer playlist”)
Two partners who receive the top two scores will receive the grand prize:
- Playlist will be featured in overhead play in 8,000+ Starbucks stores from August 24, 2018 – September 7, 2018
- Their choice of a $500 Ticketmaster eGift card OR $500 Visa Gift Card
- Merchandise from Starbucks and Spotify, including Spotify headphones and summer-themed Spotify gear
Ten partners will receive the second runners up prize of Spotify headphones, and twenty partners will receive the third-runners up prize of summer-themed Spotify gear.
Winners will be announced by August 24, 2018, and prizes will be distributed by October 1, 2018.
- Click here to view full official details and rules
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.