Navigate your career journey
Tailor your resume
- Focus your objective or professional summary on the key skills you bring to the new role.
- Include relevant experience from the last 10 years, starting with most recent.
- Showcase your professional accomplishments; highlight how you've added value in your previous roles.
- Review the job posting thoroughly and ensure your experience reflects the themes and requirements of the role.
Prepare to interview
- Research company culture by understanding Starbucks Mission & Values and reviewing Starbucks Stories.
- Familiarize yourself with behavioral-based interviewing. Prepare specific examples reflecting the competencies of the role.
- Visit a Starbucks® store to observe the operation and familiarize yourself with our products.
- Engage with Starbucks on our social media channels, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- The best way to search jobs and apply is on our Careers website. Once you’ve created a profile you’ll be able to quickly apply for additional openings and set up job alerts.
- Yes, you can apply for multiple openings.
- Ensure your resume or work history is up to date and provide as much relevant information within your application. And make sure to double-check that your contact details are current.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email to say that we have received it.
- The job postings for retail hourly roles (barista, shift supervisor, and shift manager) at Starbucks are refreshed every 90 days to ensure timely correspondence with interested applicants. We encourage candidates to opt-in to job alerts for roles in which they are interested so they will be notified of at the start of each hiring cycle and can re-apply to the newest job postings.
- Timing varies based upon which position(s) you have applied for. Our recruiters and store managers review job applicants for each opening and reach out to those who appear to be a strong match with the position.
- It’s exciting to learn that you are interested in joining Starbucks again. Please search and apply for roles in the usual way, via the 'find a job' navigation menu.
- To stay updated on the latest career opportunities the 'search jobs' section is the best place to look. Once you’ve created a profile you’ll be able to quickly apply for additional openings and set up job alerts. We also feature open positions on LinkedIn, so we welcome you to visit our Company Page and follow us to stay informed. If you would like to learn if your local Starbucks is hiring, it's best to apply online first.
- To set up job alerts, click into your profile on the Taleo site and then scroll to the bottom of the page to find “Work Preferences”. In this section, you can fill out your location and role interests. After saving these selections, select “My Account Options” in the upper right corner of the page and select yes next to the option asking if you would like to receive job alerts. With this completed, you will receive emailed job alerts for the location and role type you are interested in.
- Yes, if we decide not to move forward based on the initial resume review, we will let you know via email. If you have talked directly with a recruiter or store manager, that individual will let you know about the status of your application. Please note that while we would love to connect with all of our candidates, we are unable to provide feedback on submitted applications.
- Absolutely—you are more than welcome to apply for other positions.
- Our Careers website is updated regularly to show new jobs when they open. We are always accepting applications for baristas in our retail stores. Please use the 'search by location' map to find location(s) where you would like to apply.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation during the interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Yes, we have reimagined our workplace to offer flexible options for eligible, non-retail roles. Hybrid workplace options depend on the individual role and are identified in our job postings. Roles that do not have to be based in a specific location are labeled as “remote” while roles that can be fulfilled in multiple locations, such as a combination of home and office, are indicated as “hybrid”. More information about remote and hybrid options can be provided in the interview process.
Dress Code Preview
STARBUCKS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All partners and applicants will be treated fairly, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.