Resources and FAQ
Preparing for next steps
FAQ & Tips
Navigate your career journey
Tailor your resume
- Focus your objective or professional summary on the key skills you bring to the new role.
- Include relevant experience from the last 10 years, starting with most recent.
- Showcase your professional accomplishments; highlight how you've added value in your previous roles.
- Review the job posting thoroughly and ensure your experience reflects the themes and requirements of the role.
Prepare to interview
- Research company culture by understanding Starbucks Mission & Values and reviewing Starbucks News.
- Familiarize yourself with behavioral-based interviewing. Prepare specific examples reflecting the competencies of the role.
- Visit a Starbucks® store to observe the operation and familiarize yourself with our products.
- Engage with Starbucks on our social media channels, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
The best way to search jobs and apply is on our Careers website. Once you’ve created a profile you’ll be able to quickly apply for additional openings and set up job alerts.
Yes, you can apply for multiple openings.
Ensure your resume or work history is up to date and provide as much relevant information within your application. And make sure to double-check that your contact details are current.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email to say that we have received it.
For retail positions, your application will be reviewed by the store manager if they have a current opening. Your profile may also be reviewed by other store managers in the neighborhood even if you have not directly applied to other stores. Your submission is valid for 60 days after which you are welcome to re-apply. You are also welcome to apply directly to any other store locations of interest to you.
Timing varies based upon which position(s) you have applied for. Our recruiters and store managers review job applicants for each opening and reach out to those who appear to be a strong match with the position.
It’s exciting to learn that you are interested in joining Starbucks again. Please search and apply for roles in the usual way, via the 'find a job' navigation menu.
To stay updated on the latest career opportunities the 'search jobs' section is the best place to look. Once you’ve created a profile you’ll be able to quickly apply for additional openings and set up job alerts. We also feature open positions on LinkedIn, so we welcome you to visit our Company Page and follow us to stay informed. If you would like to learn if your local Starbucks is hiring, it's best to apply online first.
Yes, if we decide not to move forward based on the initial resume review, we will let you know via email. If you have talked directly with a recruiter or store manager, that individual will let you know about the status of your application. Please note that while we would love to connect with all of our candidates, we are unable to provide feedback on submitted applications.
Absolutely—you are more than welcome to apply for other positions.
Our Careers website is updated regularly to show new jobs when they open. We are always accepting applications for baristas in our retail stores. Please use the 'search by location' map to find location(s) where you would like to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the interview process, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or email@example.com.