ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) - Doors open at 8:00 a.m. (Pacific Time)
Place: Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at Seattle Center, 321 Mercer Street, Seattle, Washington 98109
- This year we are implementing a new seating process on the day of the event. Upon verification of proof of share ownership and identification, admitted attendees will be provided with a seat assignment. One seat will be given per name on the proof of share ownership.
- Attendees that wish to be seated together must be admitted at the same time. (Note: assigned seats may not be obtained before the day of the event.)
- Once maximum capacity in Marion Oliver McCaw Hall is reached, additional seats, also offered on a first-come, first served basis, will be available in the adjacent Exhibition Hall.
- Shareholders may also log onto a live webcast of the meeting; please see details on our Investor Relations website at http://investor.starbucks.com
To be admitted to the meeting you will be required to present a government-issued photo identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) and valid proof of ownership, meaning one of the following:
- Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials;
- Proxy Card;
- Voting Information Form;
- Legal proxy provided by your bank, broker, or nominee;
- Email notice of the Annual Meeting (if you received notice that way); or
- Other proof of share ownership (such as your brokerage statement) as of the January 11, 2018 record date.
- Shareholders holding shares in a joint account may be admitted to the meeting if they provide proof of joint ownership and both shareholders follow the admission requirements described above. We will not be able to accommodate non-shareholder guests at the annual meeting.
- To elect twelve directors nominated by the board of directors to serve until the 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders;
- To approve an advisory resolution on our executive compensation;
- To ratify the selection of Deloitte & Touche LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018;
- To consider shareholder proposals described in the accompanying proxy statement, if properly presented at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
- Mercer Street Garage (300 Mercer Street): Conveniently located across the street from McCaw Hall. A covered skybridge provides easy access between level C of the garage and McCaw Hall.
- 5th Avenue North Garage (516 Harrison Street): Located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Harrison Street. This is the first garage you will encounter after exiting I-5 and turning onto 5th Avenue. It is a 3-block walk to McCaw Hall from this garage.
- For more information on local transportation to the Annual Meeting of Shareholders, please visit www.seattlecenter.com/transportation.
- Please also note that Starbucks is committed to providing an accessible experience. If you have a disability accommodation request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 206-318-7118 by March 2, 2018. The event will be interpreted in American Sign Language and real-time captioning will be provided in the auditorium. Complimentary assistive listening devices and wheelchairs will be available. McCaw Hall is an accessible building with wheelchair seating, disability parking and accessible restrooms. Alternate formats of the Proxy Statement, the Annual Report and Letter to Shareholders are available at http://investor.starbucks.com or upon request by contacting email@example.com.