Community Service T-Shirt Sweepstakes
Community Service T-Shirt Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Description of Sweepstakes – Starbucks Corporation (the “Sponsor”) is offering the ”Community Service T-shirt Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM U.S. Pacific Time (”PT”) on April 2, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 8, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless employees, officers and directors of Starbucks Corporation, its advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes.
- Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Starbucks Corporation are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Participate – There are two (2) ways to enter:
On-line: - If you do not have a Starbucks account, create your FREE account at www.Starbucks.com by completing the account registration form with your first/last name, e-mail address, zip code and the creation of your password. If you have a Starbucks account, log-in to your account at www.Starbucks.com.
Once logged in to your Starbucks account, you will be presented with the two (2) on-line tasks of visiting the Starbucks® Responsibility page and visiting the Starbucks® Community Service page (“Tasks“). After you have completed both of the Tasks, click ”Submit” to receive one (1) entry.
FREE Entry by Mail – Hand print your first/last name and e-mail address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a hand addressed envelope to: Starbucks® Community Service T-shirt Sweepstakes, PO Box 12487 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2487. Mailed Entries must be postmarked no later than April 8, 2014 and received no later than April 15, 2014.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of entry method.
- Prizes – Fifteen (15) winners will be randomly selected and each will receive a Starbucks® Community Service T-Shirt and a copy of the Starbucks® Global Responsibility Report, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $12 each. There are fifteen (15) prizes available with a total ARV of $180. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection – Winner will be randomly selected in a drawing conducted on or about April 16, 2014. Winner will be contacted by the e-mail address associated with their Starbucks account or as provided on their mailed entry (“Prize Notification e-mail“) and asked to confirm prize acceptance, age/DOB and an address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. Potential winners will be required to respond to the Prize Notification e-mail within five (5) days with the requested information. Failure to respond as requested within this period of time will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. At Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate winner may be selected. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish winner’s proper name and State of residence online in connection with the Promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item (b) redeem the prize for cash or (c) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
- General - All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, late, lost, misdirected or postage due mail, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Washington, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of Washington and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
- Information about the Winners – For a list of winners send a stamped self-addressed envelope for receipt no later than April 16, 2014 to: Starbucks® Community Service T-shirt Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055
2401 Utah Avenue S.
Seattle, WA 98134