Public Policy & Internal Standards
We think it’s important to take a stand on issues to support our business and because it’s who we are and how we operate.
That’s why we believe we have a responsibility to advocate both internal and public policies that support the health of our business, our partners (employees) and the communities we serve.
The policies and positions below demonstrate our commitment to being a responsible business. They range from global ethical business standards to our own guidelines for doing business. From how we buy our coffee to how we ensure the best possible workplace for our partners, we believe it is important to operate consistent with our mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
- Standards of Business Conduct – our commitment to ethical business practices
- Corporate Political Contributions and Expenditures – how we engage policymakers on issues that impact our business, our people and our communities
- Global Anti-Bribery Standard
- UN Global Compact – supporting international principles of ethical business practices
- Menu Labeling Position – giving customers access to information to make informed decisions
- Global Human Rights – our commitment to basic human rights as a core component of the way we do business and how we engage our partners
- Equal Employment Opportunity – our non-discrimination policy
- Health Care – our support for healthcare reform that allows us to continue to offer affordable coverage to our partners
- Supplier Code of Conduct – our expectations for suppliers to operate in a responsible and ethical manner
- Coffee and Farmer Equity (C.A.F.E.) Practices – our sustainable coffee guidelines for producers
- Cocoa Practices – our sustainable cocoa guidelines for producers
- Starbucks Social Responsibility Standards for Manufactured Goods and Services – our sustainable manufactured goods and services guidelines for producers
- Supplier Diversity Standard – U.S.
- Animal Welfare – our preference for animal welfare-friendly practices and ingredients
- Sustainable Palm Oil – our commitment to using 100% RSPO certified palm oil in our company-operated stores
- California Transparency in Supply Chains Act – our zero tolerance policy for the use of forced labor and human trafficking
LEED® Certified Stores
We’re creating more eco-conscious stores on a global scale from the design stage right through to construction and operations. Learn more