Supplier Diversity Program
Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond us to the suppliers we work with.
By actively seeking diverse-owned businesses to purchase from, we help build prosperous communities. We believe our Supplier Diversity Program has been a great success, and we’re happy to report that the amount of business we conduct with diverse suppliers grows every year.
In addition to our buying practices, we support supplier diversity outreach projects sponsored by various organizations including the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and our local Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council. These projects include opportunity fairs, business development roundtables and supplier development projects.
We believe Supplier Diversity is a smart business decision. It helps us identify and deliver high-quality products and services across all business channels, while driving value and economic development in the communities we serve.
Who is eligible?
All businesses certified as “diverse” by a third-party agency with products and services relevant to Starbucks are eligible to apply for this program. Eligible companies must be located within the United States, its territories or possessions, and the owners must be U.S. citizens.
Do you qualify as a Diverse Supplier? Suppliers interested in doing business through the Starbucks Supplier Diversity Program must be:
- At least 51% women- or minority-owned, or socially or economically disadvantaged as determined by the U.S. Small Business Association.
- Certified by one of the following agencies: National Minority Supplier Development Council or regional affiliate, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, National Women Business Owners Corporation, US Business Leadership Network, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Administration or other government or public agency.
In this program, diverse groups are defined as: African-American; Asian-Indian American; Asian-Pacific American; Hispanic-American; Native American; Women, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender; Person with a disability; Veteran with a disability; and Veterans.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in working with Starbucks as a Diverse Supplier, please create a diverse supplier company profile. If you have questions about working with Starbucks as a Diverse Supplier, please see our Supplier Diversity FAQs and Resources.
It takes a distinct supplier mix to help us execute the Starbucks Experience for our customers inside and outside our stores. We are looking for suppliers to support product and service needs across our enterprise, including but not limited to:
- Food and ingredient manufacturing and assembly
- Digital/Interactive Solutions
- Distribution and Co-packing
- Commercial lighting, furnishings and fixtures
- Smallwares, Textiles and Bar/ Beverage Equipment
- Capital Equipment and Services
- Office and MRO supplies
- Printing-large and small scale
- Staffing and Recruiting Services
- Facilities Management
- IT Services
- Advertising/Marketing Services
- Promotional products
A Message from Troy Alstead
CFO-CAO, Starbucks Coffee Company.