Portland Brewery Blocks
The Brewery Blocks store, located at the former site of the Blitz-Weinhard Brewery, is in a five-block shopping and professional district in Portland’s vibrant, post-industrial neighborhood known as the Pearl District. Exposed steel, concrete, and wire glass contrast warm tones of wood and heavy velvet drapery. We used these elements to reflect the industrial history of the neighborhood.
Notable Store Elements:
- The wood used for the bar front cladding, the wood wall panels, and back bar shelving was milled from reclaimed Douglas fir.
- The wood countertops were made with fallen walnut salvaged for an Oregon City farm.
- Inspired by Portland’s cycling community, the wall panel artwork installation was created using salvaged bike tubes.
- The bases used for the community table and round tasting table were discovered a local architectural salvage store.
- Most of the lights throughout the store use energy efficient LED and compact flourescent lamps.
- Low-flow faucets and bathroom fixtures provide significant water savings.