2201 Market Street
2201 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
Proposed LEED certified store
This proposed corner store is situated on San Francisco’s Market Street. Originating at The Embarcadero and running west to Twin Peaks, this major artery has a long history of connecting the surrounding community. For almost 170 years, from horse-drawn carriages to cable cars, historic Market Street has been a gathering point for San Francisco residents and international tourists. We want to continue this history of bringing the community together.
Proposed Starbucks Storefront for 2201 Market Street.
The design vision for this unique “diamond-in-the-rough” building includes creating an open, warm and welcoming experience that reflects the character and history of the surrounding neighborhood. The store would be built using eco-conscious building practices and materials to minimize the impact on the environment.
Design ideas include:
- Reclaimed locally-sourced wood for the bar and community tables.
- Custom artwork celebrating the history and culture of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Community art wall for local artists to exhibit their work.
- LED lighting used to conserve energy.
- Exterior patio space and large windows to connect and integrate the building into the streetscape.
We look forward to working with our neighbors on the store’s design to provide a wonderful gathering place for the entire community.