Starbucks Reserve® Guatemala Antigua Finca Medina
One elegant jewel of a coffee.
This offering is the very “best of the best” from Guatemala’s Antigua region – a place renowned for the coffee it produces. In the cup, it is well-rounded and refined, with notes of dark cocoa, Bing cherry notes and a floral sweetness.
Antigua is blessed with a perfect microclimate, high altitude and rich volcanic soil from three surrounding peaks – and this coffee represents the area at its finest.
The story behind the producer of this coffee is equally remarkable. Finca Medina, the small family farm where this coffee is cultivated, provides educational funding for the surrounding communities. The farm has also set aside 10 hectares of land – with 14,500 native trees – for biodiversity preservation purposes. Finca Medina believes in making a positive impact on the local community and environment to go along with the flavorful impact it will leave in your cup.
- Producer: Finca Medina, Antigua Valley, Guatemala
- Elevation: 4,700 to 5,100 feet
- Coffee Variety: Predominantly Bourbon, some Caturra and Pacas
- Processing Method: Washed
- Tasting Notes: Dark cocoa and Bing cherry notes
- Body: Medium
- Acidity: Medium
- Pairing Flavors: Nuts, cocoa, spices and sweet fruit