Starbucks Reserve® Nicaragua Maracaturra
A complex coffee big on flavor.
The Maracaturra coffee tree is a rare sight – but one that is immediately recognizable by large leaves and coffee flowers.
Perhaps that size is a hint to the big, complex flavors locked within: enticing florals layered with allspice and clove complement a bright acidity and a creamy, vanilla mouthfeel.
The trees that bore this amazing coffee were nurtured on the Cafetalera Buenos Aires farm in Dipilto, Nicaragua, a place where sustainable farming practices combine with fertile soil, high altitude and perfect microclimate.
The Maracaturra is a rare hybrid of more common Maragogype and Caturra varietals, making this coffee exactly the kind of seldom-seen discovery we can bring you through Starbucks Reserve® coffees.
- Producer: Cafetalara Buenos Aires, Dipilto, Nicaragua
- Elevation: 3,900 – 4,900 feet
- Coffee Variety: Maracaturra
- Processing Method: Washed
- Tasting Notes: Intense floral aroma with allspice and vanilla
- Body: Medium
- Acidity: High
- Pairing Flavors: Citrus, baking spices, nuts, chocolate