Starbucks Reserve® Malawi Peaberry
Starbucks Reserve® Malawi Peaberry Sable Farms Coffee. Rare. Hand-selected. Waiting to be savored.
The finest flavor notes East Africa has to offer are in this hand-picked, hand-sorted coffee from three small farms in Limbe, Zomba Mountain, and Lake Malawi.
Peaberries are singular, round beans which are formed naturally when one of the the two seeds within the coffee cherry fails to develop. They make up less than 10% of the total harvest, but their dense and uniform size means they roast evenly for a deep, concentrated flavor that is well worth the effort of selecting them by hand.
- Tasting Notes: Crisp acidity and a vibrant splash of lime zest and spicy citrus complexity
- Acidity: Medium
- Body: Medium
- Variety: SL28/Catimor 129
- Processing Method: Washed
- Elevation: 3,300-4,100 feet (1000 - 1250meters)
- Pairing Flavors/Foods: Citrus and spice