Starbucks Reserve® Hawaii Ka'u
An award-winning newcomer, delivering distinct flavors from Mauna Loa.
In the early 90’s in the southern most districts of the big island of Hawaii, an abundance of land and displaced sugar plantation workers heralded the opportunity for a new and promising agricultural crop in Ka’u: coffee.
Though the famed Kona plantations are nearby, this coffee presents a profile unique to the volcanic territory of Mauna Loa: fresh coconut mingling with notes of sweet caramel and hints of citrus and nuts – flavors nurtured by the dedicated new coffee farmers who, true to Hawaiian tradition, proudly handpick and process small batches of the crop inside their own homes.
- Elevation: 411 - 640 meters (1,350 – 2,100 feet)
- Variety: Typica, Bourbon, Catuai
- Processing Method: Washed
- Tasting Notes: Fresh Coconut, Caramel
- Body: Medium
- Acidity: Medium
- Pairings Flavors: Citrus, Nuts, Caramel, Chocolate