Rotational Development Program
Starbucks Rotational Development Program, based at our Corporate Headquarters in Seattle, Washington, is a two-year program consisting of three, eight-month rotations in various areas within a specific business unit. It may also include the opportunity to do a field-based rotation outside of Seattle.
The program is designed to provide an exciting and challenging entry point for a career at Starbucks. The knowledge and professional acumen that you will gain through this experience will position you for a successful launch into your first role upon completion of the program.
We offer a competitive total pay package to start your career, along with these partner perks:
- A free pound a week of whole bean coffee (or tea, K-Cup® Packs, etc.), plus all the handcrafted beverages you can drink.
- Discounted food, beverages and merchandise in our company-operated retail stores.
- The chance to live in Seattle – an amazing city, and explore the Pacific Northwest!
- The opportunity to network with partners at all levels across the organization.
- A robust on-boarding immersion experience.
- High impact, business-relevant core responsibilities with well-defined goals and deliverables.
- High visibility and senior leadership exposure.
- Deep leadership and functional business development.
- Structured training plan and review process, plus ongoing coaching, feedback and support.
- Graduating in the current school year from an accredited program with a bachelor’s degree or MBA
- Legally eligible to work in the US without Visa sponsorship
- Ability to relocate to Seattle (relocation assistance provided)
How do I apply?
Starbucks recruits through a variety of outreach activities during the year. You can find a list of upcoming events on our Early in Career page.
Participating Business Units
Opportunities are being offered in the following business units:
- Global Supply Chain
- Store Development & Design
Non-program, full-time early career opportunities are also available in these and other business units across the organization.
The Rotational Development Program aims to build strong leaders for our growing business. We provide the support and resources, you provide the passion. Patrick, who is in his first rotation of the program, summarizes his experience this way: “It is a program that expedites our growth. We are given the tools and connections to learn and develop at very rapid pace, and the experiences that go along with this process are unlike any you would get in another company or program.”
Leadership, functional and project experiences are the core components that make up our rotational program. Robert describes the value of his experience: “The rotational program presented me with the opportunity to experience several roles in depth and allowed me to build broad-based credibility with hourly partners, my peers, and management. This helps me achieve more in my current role and builds me up for my next steps.”