What Your Bagel Says About Your Mood

When you’re picking out a New York Style bagel, how do you choose? Do you always pick the same kind, or do you venture into new bagel territory? Maybe it depends on your mood. Which of these best fits the way you feel today?

Plain: It’s a no-nonsense kind of day. Today you will speak your mind and get the job done without a lot of fuss and fanfare. It’s your day to look straight ahead and declare, “Bring it.” Note: Plain is not a polite way of saying “boring,” so don’t let the name keep you from admitting that this is where you are. Sorry to interrupt. You may proceed.

Multigrain: You’ve got a lot of running around to do (including a half hour session on the treadmill), so you’re feeling inspired to keep your nutrition on track today. You don’t have time to be constantly rummaging around (your gym bag) for snacks, so so it’s a good day for wholesome food and all that other stuff you know is good for you (ahem….exercise?).

Everything with Cheese: Was that you that just bounced by? Your enthusiastic take-it-all-on attitude today is contagious and downright intriguing. It’s just a matter of channeling all of that zest into one or two of your bazillion passions – and how do you even choose which ones? You don’t want to miss anything – or anyone, so you find a way to have it all, of course!

Tell us: What’s your bagel mood today?

• magzquinn
    • 2/16/2012 7:06 PM

I LOVE the multigrian! i had one this morning, and it was PERFECTLY toasted by my barista, with some delightful cream cheese, oh yeah. (: I love it.

• bridgetdhughes
    • 2/17/2012 10:48 AM

My bagel mood is always Chonga, which is great for those in the PNW!

• mcgowan03
    • 2/17/2012 5:06 PM

I have not had a bagel from SB. When I do it will be the Multigrain. I like variety:)

• msharp2617
    • 2/17/2012 7:24 PM

I really enjoy the plain bagel. It's so light, flavorful, and goes perfect with cream cheese. So good.

• bryanmkuchar
    • 2/20/2012 7:58 AM

I perfer the everything with cheese bagel but my homestore no longer gets them; so I have the plain bagel with the decadent Irish Butter - creamy, smooth, delicious! My day starts off great when I munch on my medium toasted bagel with butter & cream cheese!!!

• Carol Hill
    • 2/20/2012 12:37 PM

I just discovered the joy of a good bagel. I have never liked them and my usual choice is an 8 grain roll but my SB was out so I tried the Multigrain bagel and loved it. Soft, crunchy grains and toasted lightly. Umm Will go between the two from now on.

• ParthWatts
    • 2/23/2012 10:11 AM

Respected sir,
    Hi this is Parth Watts from Punjab ,India. Actually sir i am big fan of starbucks company especially coffee which u make, i want that u must open ur store in India anywhere where u feel profitable, for that i want to contribute my love ,likeness for starbucks by publishing ur advertisement on my own made website....So that i can aware more and more people in india...please sir think about it.
    Thanks...

• scamp351
    • 3/14/2012 5:06 PM

i love having a plain bagel toasted with cream cheese i just love star bucks

• flanga
    • 3/22/2012 7:49 AM

I had no idea the type of bagels you got depended in your mood. I usually get the same kind and it is with cheese, so I'm glad to hear that's what bouncy and happy people get. This post sells your product without people noticing, and it is savvy and entertaining. Pleasantly surprised by this blog!
    Fernanda Langa
    Freeman School of Business
    Tulane University

• OpalDragonfly
    • 4/20/2012 6:28 PM

My favorite bagel is Pumpernickle, which Starbucks doesn't carry. Maybe they can remedy that soon. It's really good with honey walnut cream cheese. Mmmmm!!!

• 216stealthss
    • 4/30/2012 8:26 AM

i just want a bagel.

• foodatwork
    • 5/8/2012 1:05 PM

if only there was cinnamon raisin