The Original Three Region Blend is Back!

Three Region Blend

Starbucks Tribute Blend™ is a great blend of coffees. The aged Sumatra component, a cornerstone of our most popular offerings, mixes beautifully with other coffees from Latin America and Africa/Arabia to make a great cup.

You may be asking yourself though – which Starbucks blend was the first to venture down the delicious path of combining coffees from all three growing regions: Latin America, Africa/Arabia and Asia/Pacific? Here’s a hint. It wasn’t our Starbucks Tribute Blend™.

Instead, it’s the aptly named Three Region Blend that owns the coveted OTRB (Original Three Region Blend) title from Starbucks. It’s a wonderful blend of coffees from East Africa, Central America and Papua New Guinea with lush floral and herbal notes.

Last year was the first time we introduced Three Region Blend to you, and we’re bringing it back because many of you said “I love this blend!” The coffee offers an amazingly balanced cup with flavors of herbs, lemons and currants. It can be enjoyed all summer long!

Interestingly, when our coffee team set out to make a new summertime blend, we didn’t start with the intention of creating a blend from the three growing regions. But after working with a number of recipes, we came up with a lush, well-balanced cup that just happened to draw on beans from around the world. So we thought, “What better way to celebrate the world of coffee?” and Three Region Blend was born!

Have fun and enjoy a cup of coffee from the world’s coffee farmers to you.

• rschiller
    • 5/10/2011 2:07 PM

Three Regions Blend can hardly compare to the tastes of other 'bold" blends such as Italian Roast. Maybe there should be More than one blend offered , other than Pikes blend?

• noblejohn99
    • 5/11/2011 7:44 AM

When will Starbucks (or maybe they have already) produce some more blends that include Yemens?

• admin admin
    • 5/11/2011 4:29 PM

It's been a long time for a Yemen coffee. You should share this idea at www.MyStarbucksIdea.com.

• lorelei1876
    • 5/15/2011 5:09 PM

This coffee is delicious. Tried it last year, and was glad to see it return. I like the bold and extra bold Starbucks coffees. I am willing to try some of the medium blends. Some of my favorites are Gold Coast, Organic Yukon, Thanksgiving Blend, Cafe Estima and Starbucks Red. Tribute blend was good also. I wasn't as happy with Cafe Verona. Three Regions blend is a very good coffee that should appeal to many coffee drinkers. Give it a try, even with food to bring out some of the flavor

• wenfot
    • 5/30/2011 11:01 AM

I played SRCH on my PC. I got to the SRCH icon at the end of the blog, clicked it, got the SRCH text with the gamepiece square below it. It wouldn't download the "winner" link. By the time I got to my SmartPhone to load it, the prizes were gone. Is there any way this can fixed? This was the one prize I really wanted, and it's frustrating that I got there in time, and would have won if not for the glitch. Thanks so much!

• teven692
    • 6/16/2011 3:13 AM

Being an ex Barista I've tried virtually every coffee Starbucks has put out and the Three Region Blend is by far, the smoothest, blend, and most easily drinkable coffee I've had in a long long time. Thank you for putting this out, and I would love to see it more often, if not a staple in the Starbucks lineup of coffees offered.

• zenexpat@yahoo.com
    • 6/20/2011 2:21 PM

As "rchiller" posted, Three Region Blend can't be categorized as a bold coffee. Yet, every month bold drinkers are forced to endure a coffee that is without character, watery and worse than anything Dunkin Donuts of McDonalds can offer up. It has come to it that I and at least several other customers at my local Starbucks branches now go elsewhere for coffee while this is on offer. Unbelievably, both customers and partners regular feedback/complaints about this lack-lustre coffee is

• Canon's_Dad
      • 4/29/2012 6:44 PM

In reply to: zenexpat@yahoo.com

Perhaps if Three Region's sales had tanked last year your o p i n i o n would be more credible. Why would Starbucks re-invest millions in marketing a loser...conventional wisdom tells me that a whole lot of people loved this coffee. That's just good business logic. Especially given the success of the new Blonde roasts, I would argue that a growing segment of Starbuck's core market is developing or already had a taste for the lighter stuff. Haters gonna hate...keep it up!

• hotgrahams
    • 9/23/2011 8:35 AM

I really enjoy the Tribute Blend in the VIA form. I have not tried it in the bean bags but the instant is VERY good.I was sad when I could not purchase any more so I am glad it is back. I so disagree with the people who do not like this blend but this is exactly why coffee makers produce many different kinds of coffees, the world would be a sad place if everyone was the same. I also enjoy the ITALIAN ROAST so I do like bold coffees and drink French Roast every morning.