Straight Out of New York

New York Style Everything with Cheese Bagel

All over the country and on My Starbucks Idea we’ve heard you’re craving New York style bagels – with that signature, slightly crisp outside and soft and chewy inside.

Now our bagels are better than ever. Straight out of New York, our new bagels have the authentic texture you want and the delicious taste you crave.

While many of us agree that New York bagels are the best, the real question is “How do you eat them?” We promise we won’t judge – you can enjoy your bagel any way you want! Here are the most popular ways to enjoy a Starbucks New York style bagel:

• The Purist – These regulars believe bagels must be enjoyed immediately and that spreads are a serious no-no because a great bagel doesn’t need them.
  • The Toaster – This group believes most things taste better warm, including bagels, and the yummy toastiness makes cream cheese infinitely more spreadable.
  • The Dipper – Too busy for toasting or spreading, the tear-and-dip method gets them the bagel and cream cheese experience in the fastest time possible.

I enjoy my Everything with Cheese Bagel toasted and topped with cream cheese spread. How do you enjoy your bagel?

• amyablue
    • 9/12/2011 9:48 AM

I really wish Starbucks would reconsider bringing back the peanut butter for their bagels. I am unable to eat dairy and therefore because you only offer butter and ***** cheeese. I am sure I am not alone with this wish.

• connorsrus
    • 9/12/2011 9:50 AM

What happened to the Chonga bagel? It was wonderful!

• Xaclue
      • 9/12/2011 1:44 PM

In reply to: connorsrus

I agree, they sold out every morning at my local Starbucks.

• tamjoazoc
      • 9/19/2011 7:04 PM

In reply to: connorsrus

I totally agree the new NY imitation Conga bagel one is nowhere near as good.
      Not to mention it's smaller too.

• tamjoazoc
      • 9/19/2011 7:32 PM

In reply to: connorsrus

Always wondered what happened to the guy who dreamed up “New Coke”. Guess he now works for Starbucks in the bagel buying Department.

I tried the Everything bagle this morning and won’t make that mistake again.

Don’t know what was worse the clumpy, taistless *** of doug they sold me as a bagle or the tub of paiste they tried to pass off as cheese.

The Chonga were my favorite bagels ever. Guess I will need to shop around for another place for a quick breakfast.

• KARMA69
      • 10/3/2011 11:13 AM

In reply to: connorsrus

EXACTLY~They sold out CONSTANTLY and the new NY ones SUCK in comparison. I SAY BRING BACK MY CHONGA BAGELS!!!!!

• SNBix88
      • 10/18/2011 4:30 PM

In reply to: connorsrus

I 100% agree. The chonga bagel was honestly the main reason I chose starbucks, I can get a good caramel macchiato at any decent coffee place, but nobody else has a bagel like that. I think that the new everything bagel is not even close to being as good as the chonga and I've given it a couple tries...I'm really hoping that they will reconsider bringing it back, otherwise I may as well spend my money else where.

• courtneylovessam
      • 11/1/2011 10:51 AM

In reply to: connorsrus

I MISS CONGA BAGELS TOO !!! -Make them come back! :D

• mcr1960
      • 11/23/2011 11:49 PM

In reply to: connorsrus

I agree - The Chonga bagel was my go-to item. Tried the new bagels, too dense, not as much flavor, more money. Wish they'd bring back the Chonga.

• lavachickie
      • 1/10/2012 7:46 AM

In reply to: connorsrus

On January 10, 2012, I once again returned to Starbucks, having pretty much not gone since they discontinued the Chonga! IT'S BACK! It's the same, too. I was so pissed at Starbucks when I went to the drive through in September for the morning usual -- white choc mocha and a chonga bagel toasted w/ two cream cheese. Instead I got an everything and it was SMALLER, dry, tasteless (an everything bagel tasteless... how can that be!?) AND it cost more. Seriously? The good stuff is back! Nom nom.

• NaturalBornKnitter
    • 9/12/2011 9:53 AM

Can't wait to try them!! I'm a toasted with butter kinda gal ;)

• jennifer1331
    • 9/12/2011 9:57 AM

Too bad you took away the Asiago cheese bagel, it was the best one you had. We would go in every Saturday just for that bagel with a Soy Chai, but we no longer see reason to go in. Oh well...

• JessGos1313
    • 9/12/2011 9:59 AM

I was SOOOOO sad my Hawaiin bagels are no longer available. And even sadder when I tried one of the new bagels and hated it. Blah. No more bagels for me. :(

• tagen22
      • 9/12/2011 2:05 PM

In reply to: JessGos1313

I agree!! The Hawaiian bagels were the yummiest bagels I've ever had. I was sad that they were out of them about half of the time I ordered one, but at least they had them sometimes!! Bring them BACKKKKKKK!!!

• Cocktails42
    • 9/12/2011 10:05 AM

Would really like to see new breakfast sandwiches--on bagels & croissants.

• lwharter
    • 9/12/2011 10:41 AM

Yes, yes, PLEASE offer peanut butter for the bagels!! In addition to being kinder to those of us with lactose issues, it's also the perfect pre-long-run food! Thank you!

• jennaye12
    • 9/12/2011 11:11 AM

I think it was your worst idea to stop selling the chonga bagels. i asked for a chonga bagel the other morning and was not told you no longer sell them I was given a "everything with cheese" and it was horrible. i will no long buy and food from you until chonga bagels are brought back!

• TerriVt17
    • 9/12/2011 11:43 AM

I had a multigrain bagel the other day - a little soft for my tastes but ok. I would definitely love to have peanut butter!!

• psychoticandhappy
    • 9/12/2011 1:13 PM

I must agree with the others. Bring back the peanut butter!!!!

• emily_beier
    • 9/12/2011 1:29 PM

I had a bagel today and it was really hard even after it was toasted. :( I like the ones better...

• shoron
    • 9/12/2011 1:59 PM

The Everything Bagel tastes great but it was cut horribly! The bottom slice was thick and left the top with just this thin layer that became over toasted :(

• Kiladams8
    • 9/12/2011 2:13 PM

Bring back the chonga it was better...

• mirisher
    • 9/12/2011 2:13 PM

Glad to hear the bagels will be improved. I am from NYC and thought the starbucks bagels were sub-par. What is a chonga bagel? What is a Hawaiian bagel?

Do you plan to offer healthier food besides pastries? Bagels are better but very high in calories.

• jrasor92
    • 9/12/2011 2:32 PM

I seriously will never step foot into Starbucks again until Chonga bagels are back. I am a college student and during school I would go to Starbucks every morning and afternoon for my chonga bagel. That is $2.70 a day and $985.50 a year that you just lost from me on chonga bagels alone. Not to mention my Vanilla soy chai daily. Sorry to say Starbucks, but you did wrong on taking Chonga bagels away.

• tammnizimm
    • 9/12/2011 2:45 PM

I was extremely disappointed yesterday when I went in to get a bagel and both the chonga & Hawaiian bagels were gone! I tried the everything with cheese bagel and it did not taste nearly as good as the chonga bagel and it was texturally just okay. I didn't like the ***** cheese either, bring back the name brand one from before! I know the whole grain bagel is a nice option to have but the other two need to go and you need to bring back what the people like...the chonga and the Hawaiian!

• Porschea11
    • 9/12/2011 5:18 PM

Yes, please carry the delicious Justin's Nut Butter packets that used to (and my still) come with the protein trays/Bistro Boxes. They were so good! I can't wait to try rthe new bagels, but the way!!

• campguru25
    • 9/12/2011 6:08 PM

Please, please, please bring back the Chonga & Hawaiian bagels. I tried the everything bagel the other day and it was horrible, tough & doughy. Not everybody likes New York style bagles. Can't you offer both styles?

• needcoffee1971
    • 9/12/2011 7:00 PM

Bagels are only real if they're boiled! Also, please bring back cheese twists and bring them to South TX!!!!!! PLEASE

• marcandlaurel
    • 9/12/2011 7:46 PM

I didn't like the new bagels, I want the chonga back

• NOSEK4826
    • 9/13/2011 8:10 AM

Peanut Butter would be awesome. How about using that 'spread' that is used in the Protein box that is being served?

• cdahlbe1
    • 9/13/2011 10:31 AM

NOOOOO! Why did you take away the Chonga? It was delicious. And fun to say.

I'm eating the evertyhing bagel with cheese right now, it's just too dense. I liked the style of the Chonga, even if it wasn't classic 'New York' style. Why did you guys mess with perfection? Bring it back. Pretty please.

• cdahlbe1
    • 9/13/2011 10:31 AM

I will say that the new ***** cheese design is superb!

• olydemon
    • 9/13/2011 2:01 PM

Glad to see Im not the only one let down by the change to the new Bagels. My son got one this weekend and he couldnt finish it because it was too tough, the new ***** cheese "spread" is more like tub caulking than food. Oh, and nice way to slip in a price increase. Chongas were my kids favorite and we would normally get a few every weekend. I also would buy 3-4 a week myself for lunch or breakfast. No longer. I will spend my $ elsewhere now, not that anyone at the Corp offices cares.

• Yamamosa
    • 9/14/2011 12:07 AM

I tried the new everything bagel the other day and hated it. It was small, dry and was like cardboard. I loved the Chonga bagel and have no idea why you whould stop making it. I have talked to numerous baristas and they all agree with me.

• MRSEMOORE
    • 9/14/2011 2:59 PM

I'm so upset that you discontinued the Chonga bagel. This everyting with cheese bagel does not compare and I will not be buying it. I really hope you reconsider bring the Chonga bagel back. You could always have both and I bet you will notice the Chonga will always sale better then that everything with chesse bagel.

• smanduh
    • 9/16/2011 11:11 AM

I find it really irritating that Sbux feels like they have to continually change their menu. I used to work here and we sold out of both Chonga and Hawaiian bagel every morning and still had people asking for them in the afternoon! If something works, you don't need to change it. Just like the sandwiches they had a few years ago... now I don't buy any food here. Good job Sbux, you really know how to lose customers/money.

• dreakuruzar
    • 9/17/2011 4:57 PM

Cannot believe, as others have said, that you would get rid of the chonga bagel. I became addicted to them while I was pregnant with my son and have eaten one daily since. Now that they are discontinued, I have started just making coffee at home. Tried the everything-the asiago smells like feet. Totally bummed, chongas were something I looked forward to. Bring it back!

• jumpinjackjoe
    • 9/18/2011 9:18 AM

Wow. I can't believe you discontinued the Asiago Cheese Bagel (and other fan favorites)! I tried the "everything" bagel this morning, bleh! Small, hard, dense, NOT tasty. And the new ***** cheese was hard and dense as well. Next time I'll just make a pot of coffee at home. I hope Starbucks Corporate (where else would this idea have come from, other than a board room?) realizes the error of their ways, reads the comments here, feels some sort of backlash, and brings back our favorites!

• lunabonkers
    • 9/18/2011 9:55 AM

The CHONGA bagel was the only bagel I have ever liked. In fact I was addicted. It's great you want to give people healthier choices, but don't take other choices away. I know it was your most popular bagel, because I always had to get there early or you were out. I have no reason to go to Starbucks now and you have lost that extra 5 bucks a day for my coffee as well. Very disappointed. Bring back the CHONGA. The new replacement bagel is NOTHING like it.

• lunabonkers
    • 9/18/2011 10:59 AM

How do I enjoy my bagel? CHONGA!!!!

• rwrjgreene@earthlink.net
    • 9/18/2011 8:49 PM

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like the new bagels. I loved your multi-grain bagels with the raisins in them. This new one I tried today had absolutely NO flavor at all, and the "Starbucks Cream Cheese" did nothing to add to it. At least the Philly ***** cheese has flavor.
    Why do so many companies get people hooked on their products then feel the need to change them?
    I guess no more food products at Starbucks for me.

• kaffeinehii
    • 9/20/2011 8:27 AM

Tried the everything with cheese bagel this morning; horrible! Even the ***** cheese has changed and it was bad. What a mistake that change was.

• michelle vw
    • 9/20/2011 12:16 PM

Please bring back the chonga and the hawaiian bagels! Your new bagels are awful and so is the new ***** cheese. Panera is out of my way but now I will be getting my food from them.

• pinkb0t
    • 9/21/2011 7:04 AM

Every morning I hear someone in line order a Hawaiian or Chonga bagel and get sad about the sub par replacements. These new bagels are hard to chew and much smaller - but if I don't want something full of sugar to start my day it's my pretty much my only pastry option. Thanks for pulling a Netflix - making us to two stores in the morning to get the coffee and bagel you used to offer us in one.

• reeceptaylor@yahoo.com
    • 9/22/2011 6:51 AM

The Chonga Bagel was amazing and the new Everything Bagel is downright sub-par. BAD CALL STARBUCKS.

• maeven
    • 9/22/2011 2:14 PM

I've notice that a lot of folks swear off Starbucks anytime there is a change- that's their right but I like being able to try new things. And for something like a bagel, it's not life altering for me nor does it inspire any sort of retreat from Starbucks. I think they're good but I have to admit I've never had the chonga nor will I try the everything bagel- fresh breath is a huge deal for me, I guess!

• alishacowan
    • 9/23/2011 7:59 AM

I don't like the new bagels, i miss the old ones

• britt.ritt
    • 9/23/2011 9:00 AM

One of the simple pleasures in my life was a chonga bagel with ***** cheese. Now I have to find another place to get breakfast as the everything bagels taste like **** & have the texture of old pizza hut crust. While there is now more ***** cheese, it's not very good tasting - which is kind of the point. Bring back chonga!

• jumpinjackjoe
    • 9/25/2011 10:55 AM

I enjoy going to Starbucks, always enjoyed an early morning coffee and Asiago Cheese bagel with ***** cheese, kick back, read a book, talk to some people. But without the Asiago Cheese bagel, the whole experience for me is just lacking. Gave them a second chance this morning, but without my favorite bagel, not sure I see the need to go back. Need to find a new morning tradition.

• theopneustas@hotmail.com
    • 10/3/2011 10:13 AM

What is the deal with Starbucks changing stuff all the time? And they seem to do it in a vacuum. The Chonga bagel rocked, I don't know if only people in New York wanted a New York bagel but this is a Seattle store originally. I liked the softer puffier texture of the Chonga bagel. And it HAD a crispy outside. I just tried the crappy replacement for the Chonga this morning, gee just like everyone elses Everything bagel, really original Starbucks... not... It sucked and I threw it out

• STFinMich
    • 10/3/2011 3:59 PM

I suspect that distinctive flavor of SBUX coffee is Brazilian coffee beans. Am I right?

• jonesjt1
    • 10/3/2011 4:06 PM

Your new bagels have absolutely NO taste at all! I really loved your multi-grain raisin bagel. I tried the new multigrain and it was awful! Your version of ***** cheese is just as bad. The Fhilly version was much better. I have written off Starbucks as my coffee place. Why don't you try listening to your customers first before making dumb decisions like these!

• johnlo23
    • 10/7/2011 9:22 AM

Sorry, but this is not a real bagel. I have never purchased a bagel from Starbucks before. I sadly never tried a Chonga bagel. Starbucks sent me a coupon for the NY style bagel, so I figured I'd try it when I went for my daily cup of Bold.
    The bagel is nothing like a NY bagel. It is not chewy inside. It tears like a piece of wheat bread. No fight. The outside is not crispy. The supermarket frozen ones are better. It is the kind of Bagel I’d expect an airline to serve.

• johnlo23
      • 10/7/2011 9:23 AM

In reply to: johnlo23

And apparently you used to serve "Philly Cream Cheese", now you serve "Cream Cheese Spread".
      When you have to add the word "Spread" after Cheese, you should know you made a mistake.

• pinkobsession79
    • 10/11/2011 9:30 PM

I used to go to Starbucks three times a week and get a Hawaiian Bagel and a Dirty Chai. Well not anymore!!! Does Starbucks have ANY idea what a mistake they made by getting rid of the Chonga and the Hawaiian bagels? I think I have been to Starbucks twice since I learned they got rid of my favortie bagel. I tried to give the new Asiago cheese everything bagel. I was horrible. The bagel was so hard and once you finally got a bite off it became very chewy. Seriously! Bring back the Hawaiian Bagel!

• pinkobsession79
      • 10/11/2011 9:31 PM

In reply to: pinkobsession79

Oh and I forgot to mention the new bagel was smaller and I believe more expensive. They are tying to save money by staying in house with their food. But it would just be smarter to charge a little more and bring back the Chonga and Hawaiian bagels. Im sure many people would be willing to pay a tiny bit more to get something they toally enjoy! I mean who really runs these companies?!?!?!?!?!?!

• pinkobsession79
    • 10/11/2011 9:41 PM

Well at least a lot of us are saving money now that we quite going to Starbucks. Im sure something else will come about, like the Conga and Hawaiian Bagel store that I am going to open up right next door to every single Starbucks in the dang world! And I will serve better coffee too. I will give my coffee away for free so people will for sure come to my store. I will make so much money on bagels alone! lol

• angeliquesarajy
    • 10/12/2011 11:14 AM

where is the chonga bagel. i am sure i am not alone in saying that it is missed. bring it back!!

• themonkeyswife22
    • 10/12/2011 2:49 PM

I strongly agree with all of the above posts, the chonga bagel was my favorite!! I was really disappointed when I tried the new everything bagel. Maybe it had been sitting out for too long because it was hard, dry and not very tasty. PLEASE bring back the chonga!!

• shanrick37
    • 10/12/2011 6:41 PM

Gross what are these hard round disk they are trying to pass of as bagels?!?!? Where is my soft and awesome Chonga!?!?!

Please for the love of all that is yummy bring back the Chonga!

• liedja83
    • 10/14/2011 6:17 PM

I had one of the NY everything bagels and all I have to say is YUCK! Bring back the chonga bagel.... These NY bagels are no where near as good as the old ones... Starbucks... I think it is clear, we are begging you to PLEASE BRING THE CHONGA BACK!

• aakkoul
    • 10/16/2011 11:39 AM

I'm from NY. And the new bagel is NOT an NY bagel. I looove the chonga bagel and hope they bring it back. The NY bagel was too crispy and is smaller. Oh well, we'll all get used to it. But, startbucks, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

• julcorona
    • 10/22/2011 1:29 PM

Bring back the ASIAGO CHEESE BAGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This new Everything bagel is nothing in comparison!!

• chongaenthusiast
    • 10/25/2011 8:33 AM

I concur, the replacement for the Chonga bagel is sub-par. The friendly barista informed me that they are made by a different company. I've never really liked the coffee, so now all I really need to know is this: where are Chonga bagels being sold now? Are they being sold somewhere with better coffee? Did the company go out of business or are they looking for someone else to sell all those bagels to?

• geniekus
    • 11/23/2011 10:04 AM

Please bring back the Hawaiian & Chonga bagels in Portland, OR. They were the best. I was so sad when I was told you didn't carry them anymore. I know several of my co-workers were similarly upset when they were told the same thing. From these other posts it sounds like overall the bagel change was a BAD idea. I know I don't buy any bagels from you anymore.

• chenkun
    • 11/27/2011 6:24 AM

( ====http:// www.vogueboom.com ==== )
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now! You must not miss it!
    jordan air max oakland raiders $30--39;
    Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $20;
    Handbags (Coach lv fendi d&g) $30
    T shirts (Polo ,edhardy,lacoste) $15
    Jean(True Religion,edhardy,coogi) $30
    Sunglasses (Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $15

• chenkun
    • 11/27/2011 6:56 AM

( ====http:// www.vogueboom.com ==== )
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now! You must not miss it!
    jordan air max oakland raiders $30--39;