Starbucks VIA® Caramel Iced Coffee – an Essential for Summer Camping

One fun thing about summer is camping. I love pitching the tent, hiking, hopefully being near some water to swim in or just cool off. I also enjoy the camp fire and a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Going camping is about getting away from the city and the everyday routine. But one thing that is hard to give up is my coffee. When I camp I always pack my Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew. My favorite is the Italian Roast. This summer there’s another treat, akin to an indulgent treat I enjoy at Starbucks – a Caramel Macchiato. Starbucks VIA® Caramel Iced Coffee was inspired by the caramel sauce used in the delicious Starbucks® Caramel Macchiato. It is easy to pack and all I need is water and my water bottle and voilà a great iced coffee in an instant away from it all.

If you’re going camping in August – take some Starbucks VIA®. Right now at participating U.S. Starbucks stores baristas will be sampling Starbucks VIA® Iced Coffee to taste and will be handing out $1 off coupons for any Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew. Visit your neighborhood Starbucks today and pick up a coupon. Supplies are limited.

Give it a try and let us know how you like the newest Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew.

• nikki12589
    • 8/4/2011 5:12 PM

Love this! Please do not get rid of it!

• JulieKieras
    • 8/9/2011 10:42 PM

Oh my goodness! I thought this was MY brainchild! :) Glad Starbucks already thought of it! We brought VIAS with us on our last 2 camping trips and they are LIFESAVERS! I just wrote about all the ways we made coffee while camping in this post: http://ayearwithmomanddad.com/?p=4344

• Jennyshenenberger
    • 9/18/2011 8:52 AM

Sorry to go against the tide on this one,but
    i tried the basic iced coffee paks,and the best way I can describe it is,you're expecting, for the price and name ,the aahhh-in-a -glass moment, and all you get is eehhhh....it's just not what you're anticipating!!Guess if you have no other option, it'll work-

• jonatpm
    • 10/12/2011 7:16 PM

I love the iced coffee served in stores... but I can only find the VIA in a sweetened variety. Any plans to add an unsweetened option to VIA?

• snoelke4
    • 10/20/2011 1:46 PM

Does anyone know a good recipe for making Iced Via into a hot drink? I have a lot of Iced Via's left and think I should be able to make them into a hot version...yes?
    BTW, I love the idea and I for sure drink it in a pinch but it is really hard to mix all the 'coffee' to so there isn't stuff left at the bottom. (for me anyway)

• kopykatlover@yahoo.com
      • 6/6/2012 10:29 PM

In reply to: snoelke4

put it in a blender, or mix the mix into a small amount of boiling water
      and after it is all dissolved, then add your ice and cold water.

• kopykatlover@yahoo.com
    • 6/6/2012 10:27 PM

we have used the regular iced via and have created mocha fraps
    and boy are they good