SRCH – Round Two Recap

At 10 a.m. Monday, May 23, the clue for round two of SRCH by Starbucks was unlocked – and players wasted no time diving in. All the prizes were scooped up in less than an hour!

So how did you do? Did you solve the clues correctly? Here’s the recommended path to solving this round.

It all started with the track list from Lady Gaga’s new album. But we didn’t just spell it out for you. It was written backwards with various letters missing. After you figured out what the missing letters were and put them together, you got your next clue: SRCH HER BIO.

This clue pointed you to the bio on Lady Gaga’s website. Buried discretely within this page was the phrase “SRCH was here.”

Clicking on that phrase took you to a photo on the Starbucks Facebook page. The photo showed the exterior of a Starbucks store, and the caption told you to find that location online.

Using the clues in the photo, you had to figure out the store was at 41st and Madison in New York City. Next, you should have gone to Starbucks.com and found the page for that store using the store locator. When you did this, you found the SRCH icon and the end of the trail.

Hope you had fun. If you were fast enough to win, good job. We’ll get your prize to you in the next few weeks. If you didn’t reach the end in time, better luck next time. Remember every round is a fresh start, so you don’t have to complete previous rounds to play in the next one. That said, completing all the rounds may help you when it comes to the final grand prize round. And feel free to use your smartphone or your desktop computer. If it has a web browser it will work with SRCH.

The next round of SRCH by Starbucks goes live on Wednesday May 25 at 10 a.m. PDT. Don't miss it!

• mikethefame
    • 5/24/2011 6:04 PM

This round wasn't fair if you were using a smartphone. Ladygaga.com loads in mobile form (no bio) and even though you click to see full website, it does not load. Disadvantage!

• sacornwell@gmail.com
    • 5/24/2011 7:23 PM

Arg... my problem was that SRCH HER BIO is BRIOCHES scrambled so I was searching through every menu page on the starbucks website... grr... i'll get it next time.

• lauriedw
    • 5/25/2011 12:10 AM

Oh, people. The first round people complained because they didn't have the proper phone to get the clues. Now they complain because the phone wouldn't give the clues. I guess there is just no way to make everyone happy. Other than to share a Starbucks with them. I unfortuneately couldn't play either round, there was an error whenever I tried to register and now I am working for the next couple of rounds so good luck to everyone out there that has a chance to play!! :)

• cbaker8230
    • 5/25/2011 4:04 AM

The photo is still a dead link for me on multiple computers/ipad... :( My clue still does not show solved.

• sunnie2000
    • 5/25/2011 11:53 AM

I used the Starbucks Store locator and it does NOT produce the 41st st. and madison ave location if you type in "41st st" or "e. 41st st" as shown in the photo. You have to type in "41st and madison" exactly - which is not actually what the photo shows. the photo shows "E 41st". WIth dozens of stores -- and showing a location that actually does NOT show up in your store locator search is kind of unfair. The game is a scavenger hunt -- not a guessing g

• sunnie2000
      • 5/25/2011 11:54 AM

In reply to: sunnie2000

-- not a guessing game. I think that's somewhat unfair. I can follow clues -- but not ones that don't show up when you follow them (ie: 41st street or e. 41 street -- NOT showing the 41st and madison ave location) -- try it -- you will see. It does NOT work and produce that location. That's a dead end. :(

• jtiram
      • 6/2/2011 6:23 AM

In reply to: sunnie2000

I agree with you completely! This game can be challenging but stay true to what a scavenger hunt really is!

• sunnie2000
    • 5/25/2011 12:03 PM

als0 -- how do you even find THIS blog post thru "normal" channels. I wanted to prepare for rnd 3 by reviewing what I may have missed in rnd 2 -- so I used this blog and used the exact key words: SRCH round two recap -- and it did NOT produce this blog result. Why is that? Why are they making it so difficult and unfair for people trying to follow the right way. It's supposed to be fun -- not unfair. I don't mind losing - but at least make it fair. thx! Still luv ya *bks!