Precious Moments to Wind Down

At last, it’s time to log off. You do the 21st century equivalent of punching the clock and face what remains of the day. It’s time to uncoil a bit and music is a vital part of the process.

Our Timothy J. has put together the brand new Wind Down, a selection of a dozen songs that say “day is done.” Bearing a striking nightscape cover, the CD offers up choice gems by Thievery Corporation, Moby, Groove Armada and other modern music innovators. It’s a forum for music with an electronic undercurrent that’s suited for taking things down a notch. Dating from the late 1990s to 2011, these warmly buzzing tracks capture the heyday of international electronica, whether you call it nu jazz, ambient or whatever.

Suffice to say, it’ll put you in the right frame of mind for those precious moments that invite reflection and restoration.

What do you listen to when you want to unwind?

• Hsclumeck
    • 1/18/2012 6:25 PM

Some John Mayer or Plumb usually do the trick for me.

• deb1988
    • 1/19/2012 2:53 PM

Yet another collection I'll have to buy. I've recently started listening to Thievery Corporation. Perfect for getting my head out of work mode..

• ok4u2nv
    • 1/26/2012 10:41 PM

Where do I find the app to pay with my iPhone?

• uronmitime
    • 1/31/2012 10:09 AM

The shittist service at the Starbucks on Truxel... the girl first puts Hella ice and then doesn't put whip and when she handed me my drink, I said I wanted whip as she turns away and she never responded... just kept doing what she wanted...

• evolving1
    • 1/31/2012 11:28 PM

Great tunes. Just wondering why a company that sets up a partnership with iTunes at Christmas for the 12 days promo sells a cd that won't load into iTunes. #fail

• CVDSALON
    • 2/4/2012 8:18 AM

Curtis Van Davis Salon-Our team loves Starbucks and the whole gang on Oakwood.Oh,and the service is GREAT...