Join Us in Supporting Relief Efforts in Japan

Our deepest condolences go out to the people of Japan and their families around the world. During the past few days, we have all seen the heart-wrenching images and heard the reports of lives lost there, especially in the Sendai coastal region. Thousands of people have been evacuated near nuclear plants and millions are without adequate food or shelter.

We are committed to doing all we can to support relief efforts in Japan. The Starbucks Foundation and Starbucks Coffee Japan contributed ¥100 million ($1.2 million USD) to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan. Starting today, we are accepting donations to the Red Cross in our U.S. and Canada stores, and we are working toward doing the same in several other countries around the world. You may also wish to donate directly to the Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Fund online.

Please join me in keeping the people of Japan in your thoughts and wishing them strength and hope as they begin to recover and rebuild. I invite you to share those thoughts here.

• peony11
    • 3/16/2011 5:22 PM

I want to extend my deepest sympathy to the people of Japan and I hope and pray for the families who have lost loved ones and pray for those who have loved ones missing. You have been an example to all of us . You have shown us how we should all behave under such horrible circumstances.The dignity, the support you have shown for one another, and calmness on long lines waiting for food or gas is something not many could do in face of such overwhelming and horrible events.

• sabushnell
    • 3/16/2011 5:44 PM

I want to say many prayers for the people in Japan. I want to let my many friends that have been affected by the disaster.

• WCMLover28
    • 3/16/2011 6:46 PM

My husband and I were stationed in Japan (Okinawa) and we left in August, but are truly affected by this disaster. The Japanese are such amazing people. My heart goes out to then and they are in my prayers. God Bless <3

• shinobumbum
    • 3/16/2011 9:20 PM

I am a Starbucks partner in Tokyo. Thank you for your concern and support.
    We are still feeling small/middle size earthquakes, this meaning that the affected areas are facing much stronger ones. Working w/o light and heat in the office to help save energy, and entering supermarkets and drug stores with many empty shelves –all reminds us what the survivors are facing ---no food, no water, no heat, no home,and no news of lost family members. These chains of unprecedented events are putting

• pandajoi
      • 3/27/2011 12:29 AM

In reply to: shinobumbum

I am a partner from California, USA. Are prayers and thoughts go out to you and your partners. We are truly concerned for ALL of the partners in Japan, and hope you all know. Those of us that work in retail stores understand the dedication and importance you have in your local communities as you try and recover, and we encourage you as much as you must be encouraging each other. As Howard would say... Onward.

• shinobumbum
        • 4/6/2011 7:43 PM

In reply to: pandajoi

Partners in the most affected areas are receiving easy-to-cook food, bottled water, commodities such as cleanex tissues and toilet paper, and other sanitary items from partners around the country. Supply chain team is taking care of the delivery, and I am connecting with managers in the disaster hit area to find out the needs. We are hearing good news that they are starting to have access to food, but some more weeks to go until gas returns. And yes, we are definitely going onward...

• imlefty
    • 3/17/2011 9:03 AM

Thank you to Starbucks and everyone who is helping Japan and praying for everyone involved in this crisis. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

• nkannan
    • 3/17/2011 1:15 PM

Our heartfelt prayers are with the Japanese People. May all of you know that you have friends all over the globe and they are all with you till you emerge out of these dark days with even more strength and vitality!

• tracyytchan
    • 3/17/2011 1:39 PM

I pray for Japan and those who lost their loved ones in this disaster, I hope the survivors could persist and never give up their hope. We're all standing by you. God bless Japan.

• Exilegeneration
    • 3/17/2011 1:52 PM

I want to extend my sympathy to all the people in Japan. You won't be alone. Many people from all over the world are praying for you and support you. Be strong and god bless Japan.

• mitch449
    • 3/17/2011 2:16 PM

My prayers go out to the people of Japan. I will donate as much as I can to help you through the American Red Cross of which I am a volunteer!!

• vkillian
    • 3/17/2011 2:16 PM

Our hearts go out to everyone in Japan during these challenging times. We are thinking of you each day as you work to rebuild what was lost.

• SeattleMelody
    • 3/17/2011 9:39 PM

Thank you Starbucks, for your generous donation. My heart and prayers go out to friends in Japan, and the entire country which and people who have lost so much! The news is still gut wrenching to watch. The devastation is beyond any words that I have. My prayers are for Japan.

• boruallis
    • 3/18/2011 6:59 AM

My heart goes out to all of those affected by the horrible tragedy that hit Japan. The image are surreal and saddening. To think of those with out power, food, water, and those still missing is a frightening ordeal to face. I want to reach out and extend my condolences to Japan and all others affected you are in my prayers. I also wish there was some way to help. In a sistuation like this it makes you think how often we take things for granted. I think in seeing what happened to Japan and how

• boruallis
    • 3/18/2011 7:02 AM

it has affected them we should all be thankful and love, laugh, and spend a little more time and effort with those we love and care about. It is time we slow down and not always be in a rush as we may end up reregting it. I think that Japan and the people there are amazing as I have many friends from the region. You all are in my heart. Peace, love, and happiness and to all. May the love of others and thier prayers see you through this horrible ordeal & may you find comfort in your time of n

• mmyung
    • 3/19/2011 5:36 AM

It is so hard breaking. My sincere sympathy and prayers are with Japan. Thank you Starbucks for reaching out to them. It's just another reason to LOVE starbucks!!! :)

• miyabem
    • 3/19/2011 2:16 PM

As a Japanese who lives in US, I would like to say thank you for Starbucks and all the people who are supporting Japan. We do need money but we should never take it for granted. I want to say thank you to each and everyone of them who are donating money right now. It will take time but we will be OK and rebuilt Japan, the better Japan.To Japanese people who live in US, let's show appreciation to US and other countries. Be nice to people around you and think about what you can do for other pe

• Kuei74
    • 3/19/2011 4:11 PM

Thank u starbucks for Reaching out To them. At this critical time anything we can do will help.

• teadaisuki
    • 3/19/2011 4:21 PM

Thank you. domo arigato!!

• qsndbc
    • 3/19/2011 6:31 PM

I am a Chinese girl studying abroad in American now, and when my Chinese friends and I heard this disaster, we feel very sad. May god bless japan and we are praying for Japan.

• ccrawford132
    • 3/19/2011 8:14 PM

god bless everyone in Japan expecelly those who were effected and those whos loved ones who died and i feel horrible and would like to lend all the support than i can to those people once again god bless all those brave souls and you don't have to put on a rave face we are all here for you.

• charlottedh
    • 3/20/2011 7:21 AM

Thank you, Starbucks, for always supporting the important causes in the world.

• ozgirl76
    • 3/20/2011 8:40 AM

When I heard of all the devestation in Japan my heart definitely goes out to all of Japan. I'm definately going to keep the whole country in my prayers. All of The United States is going back Japan in their great time of need. Keep your heads up Japan because because you are going to recover from this devestation in time. God Bless the great country of Japan.

• odwarka
    • 3/21/2011 1:06 PM

I would like to share my greatest respect for the people in Japan, for the character and faith, they handle that immense burden which rests on there shoulder. History showed us, to what oustanding efforts the men & women in Japan can handle. I would like to pass my condolences to the thousands people, families and loved ones, who lost there partners, kids, loves and people meaning so much to them. Even when we have left them, they are not dead they live on in our hearts and minds. Will, AUT

• Jesusjesus
    • 3/22/2011 10:11 AM

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE SO MUCH ABOUT STARBUCKS. YOU HAVE NEVER FORGOT WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND WHO YOU ARE.YOU ARE ALWAYS THERE TO SUPPORT AND LOVE THE HURTING. TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES FROM JAPAN I WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ARE CARED FOR AND ALL THE PRAYERS, LOVE AND SUPPORT THAT ARE BEING POURED OUT FROM THE US.YOU HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE PRAYING FOR YOU. YOU ARE A PEOPLE OF HEARTS AND STRENGTH, TRULY AMAZING. WE ARE HERE AND NEVER FORGET WE CARE AND WILL NOT FORGET YOU. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

• Kanazawa_Japan
    • 3/22/2011 10:44 AM

I living central of Japan, i.e., north of Nagoya City, between Tokyo and Osaka. I'm a citzn of Kanazawa City. Many many THANKS for kindly messeges for Japan!!!!!!!! We Japanese, now STANDING-UP-NOW! Twitter:http://twitter.com/glico22i Yours, Kanazawa_japan.

• flhansen
    • 3/30/2011 7:24 PM

We lived in Okinawa Japan from '91-'96, and that part of the world holds such a dear place in my heart. I pray every night that the Japanese people may continue to have strength, faith and hope.

• bermapagal
    • 4/13/2011 5:36 PM

todo el amor para las personas que estan viviendo momentos tan terribles, estamos con ustedes, México ora por Japón.

• eleanorus@comcast.net
    • 4/22/2011 4:45 PM

It's great Starbucks commited to help people so in need due to the recent disaster(s) in Japan.I hope that th Starbucks has remembered the animals too & the $ you've given, & that that we customers donate in your retail stores is assisting the animal population as well. All living have faced this devastation; companion animals as well. Many have been separated by this disaster. Horses, agricultural as well. Let's help reunite people & their pets & feed homeless pet

• mako8388
    • 6/7/2011 3:44 PM

Thank you , Starbucks , for your continous support to the people suffered in Japan . For the peopled suffered , now is just the time to restart , not the end of the disaster .