Jamaica Blue Mountain®, Back by Popular Demand

Jamaica Blue Mountain

It’s that time of year again when all is blue, the weather is warm and the sun is shining. We’re brewing up yummy cups from our Clover® brewer and stocking the shelves with bags of Jamaica Blue Mountain® for all who are delighted as it makes a return appearance. We discovered this was a coffee that folks buzzed about when we featured it last season. Well, we listened to you, and it’s back!

The coffee takes its name from the Blue Mountains that cover the eastern part of Jamaica. Elevations here climb to over 7,000 feet. The higher the elevation, the mistier the mountain interior gets, which gives the mountains their blue appearance.

Coffee carrying the Jamaica Blue Mountain® name must be certified by the Jamaica Coffee Industry Board, which supervises all stages of coffee processing – pulping, drying, sorting and grading. Every coffee is quality-tested by certified tasters before export, ensuring that only the best is placed in the iconic wooden barrels used for shipping.

I think those familiar with this coffee will enjoy its return. For those of you who haven’t discovered it yet, I encourage you to try it for yourself. It’s a coffee that has great flavor with citrus and milk chocolate notes. We’re pleased to bring it back again this year, but don’t wait too long because it is very limited and we want to you to enjoy it as much as possible. Cheers!

Enjoy a sneak peak of this coffee in our Starbucks Reserve Clover Brewed stores before it launches on July 12 – check with your barista for more information.

• elsiehui
    • 7/8/2011 2:23 PM

I totally agree! I've tried the Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica and was happy to have a cup at Starbucks>!

• Kyle.Siddons@gmail.com
    • 7/8/2011 7:36 PM

Totally excited about this! My local baristas have been telling me all about it!!! Will we be able to order it online?

• Bttucker1
    • 7/11/2011 5:23 AM

Graet Company, Great atmosphere, outstanding coffee. Jamaica Blue Mountain is a real treat. Please make it a regular choice, please!!.

• starbucks starbucks
    • 7/13/2011 9:54 AM

Enjoying a cup right now. Delicious!

• aplasser
    • 7/13/2011 11:43 AM

Have my own bag now... I feel like a nutcase to like coffee this much haha

• EmilyRL
    • 7/14/2011 6:09 PM

What is a Starbucks reserve store? I love Blue Mountain coffee, feel in love it after going to Jamaica! It's so good! =)

• c.marz
      • 7/15/2011 2:24 PM

In reply to: EmilyRL

A store with a Clover sells Reserve Coffees. One of my local stores that isn't a Clover Store claims they may start selling Reserve Coffees, but only beans or ground to go!

• megoodwin17
    • 7/14/2011 8:32 PM

When will the Kenyan Reserve be available?

• tonytekm
    • 7/15/2011 6:02 AM

JAMAICAN BLUE MOUNTAIN It is the Champagne of coffees! Do yourself a favor and indulge in a cup.. or 2.

• c.marz
      • 7/15/2011 2:17 PM

In reply to: tonytekm

I was disappointed. It's not a bad coffee at all, but not worth the champagne price of $5 for a grande on a clover. The New Guinea is much better.

• tonytekm
        • 7/17/2011 1:52 AM

In reply to: c.marz

Oh no! So sorry you weren't feelin it. What did you mean grande on a clover though? Hmm, New Guinea eh? I'd love to try it so I will! Hope it doesn't taste like a Guinea Pig! Hehehe! Or like a Guinea Pig smells.

• Titlest
    • 7/16/2011 8:48 PM

Any chance to get a reserve coffee store in Park City, Utah?

• meagen.lafave
    • 7/18/2011 8:45 AM

it would be great for this to show up in canada....

• mwollenzin
    • 7/19/2011 9:47 AM

I'm dissappointed in this coffee, so not worth 30 dollars for 1/2 pound. Buy the Gazebo and save yourself some money it tastes the same and is cheaper. First time ever that I have been disappointed in a Starbucks coffee and irritated that I spent this much on the coffee.

• msdee66
      • 7/22/2011 3:59 AM

In reply to: mwollenzin

Always sample before leaving the store..and they will replace with another coffee if you are not 100% SATISFIED....my store does this all time..
      I try new coffee's and some I just do not care for...they always replace..and I leave happy!!

• gourmetgordie@yahoo.com
    • 7/23/2011 5:56 PM

What would be nice would be if Starbucks would tell me how to get,or order the Jamaican Blue Mountan Coffee. I've already called customer service and they don't have a clue.

• tj@tjtutor.com
    • 7/24/2011 3:19 PM

I have checked the five or six Starbuck stores in my area that the Starbucks map says has this and they all tell me they have never heard of this product. I've had to order from a non-Starbucks vendor as the result. I'm sad, as I have not bought anything but Starbucks for my household in more than five years.

• easybuy
    • 7/27/2011 6:28 PM

...I hope to enjoy the champagne of all coffees at every Starbucks, or else, what will life be all about, right?

• perazzi
    • 7/30/2011 5:39 PM

Jamaica Blue Mountain is wonderful coffee. However, it is a bit pricey.
    There's 10 Starbucks near my home area and NONE have the Clover or Jamaica Blue Mountain! Starbucks needs to get the Clover system in more stores and upgrade them to Reserve stores... ASAP.

• jimfuhl
    • 7/31/2011 3:00 PM

i really car eless about the clover system but I have ordered the Blue Mountain over the internet. It is far ahead of any coffee grown Hope my local SB gets it in a drip or Press format. I actually also hope a french press comes to SB too.

• striker07
    • 8/9/2011 11:28 AM

Tried Jamaica Blue Mountain at a Reserve Store last week. I am still a big fan of darker roasts, but am increasingly coming to see that a lighter roast can let the subtle complexities shine better. This is one of those coffees where I felt the roast came across too strong. I liked the Sumatra Reserve, but this just seems to be too much. I love Starbucks and wish they would get the hint that they should expand into lighter roasts!

• 1312no
    • 9/8/2011 9:52 PM

I bought two half-pounds of the Blue Mountain while in Seattle last month. This is exquisite coffee. Yes, it was hard to find, but worth the hunt. And compared to other Blue Mountain versions on the web, Starbucks is reasonably priced and the best quality I have had in years. It ranks with the best coffees on the planet. Thanks for making this available.

• jenndiaz9179@yahoo.com
    • 2/1/2013 7:47 PM

I'm a barista at a Reserve Starbucks store. I know the Jamaica Blue Mountain is located at Reserve Starbucks stores with a Clover machine. Pretty sure it's nearly impossible to get it from anywhere else. Agreed that there should be more Clovers in stores but Starbucks will only put them in locations where there is clientele for the special, more expensive reserve coffees. The machines themselves cost $11,000 dollars and are highly delicate.Not too many people will pay the $5.89 Venti cup of it.