Introducing Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend

Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend

Summer is here and the need for a cool refreshing beverage to quench our sun-induced thirst on those hot summer days is definitely a must. Well look no further, Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend is a great way to cool off at home during those hot summer days.

Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend is a blend of East African coffees. In past years, our East African summer coffee was called Gazebo Blend. This new blend is similar but goes even better over ice!

When we set out to create a great tasting iced coffee, we looked for beans and a roast that stood up to the cold. Roasted to accentuate its full flavored taste, this multi-region blend of premium beans comes alive when served chilled. Medium-bodied, well-balanced, and caramelly smooth, you’ll love it with milk and sweeteners, or served straight up over ice.

So when the sun is beating down and you feel the need to quench your thirst try an iced brewed coffee in the store and bring the same bean recipe home with you in a bag! Don’t forget to “make it yours” by adding milk or soy, or one of our delicious flavors like vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut.

And it’s easy to brew iced coffee right. Just follow these three steps:

1. Brew it double strength – use the same amount of coffee you’d normally make, but just half the water.
  2. After brewing, add enough ice to fill your pot or pitcher.
  3. Serve the coffee fresh over ice in a glass.

I like my Starbucks® Iced Coffee lightly sweetened with only two pumps of vanilla syrup and a splash of half-and–half. Tell us how you like yours.

• eround5450
    • 7/12/2011 5:43 PM

Trenta with extra soy and sugar free vanilla. 3 adays!!

• RishelleSarah
    • 7/12/2011 6:13 PM

Does this coffee come with instructions on the best way to brew, cool and store it?

• deckman2009
      • 7/12/2011 7:48 PM

In reply to: RishelleSarah

Yes, the brewing, cooling, and storing instructions are on the side of the bag. Take a look at enjoy the recipe.

• xteenyxox
        • 7/18/2011 5:39 PM

In reply to: deckman2009

I just bought this brew today but when they ground it for me it was put in a diff bag with no brewing directions ! Any idea off the top of your head what they were ?!?!

• lovesavesall
        • 7/20/2011 1:29 AM

In reply to: xteenyxox

I make mine like this:

• Coffee Mum
        • 7/29/2011 1:16 PM

In reply to: lovesavesall

That is the BEST iced coffee recipe EVER and sooo easy! I love, love, LOVE it!

• eurasianlynx
        • 8/11/2011 7:45 PM

In reply to: lovesavesall

I can't wait to try that method. I assumed coffee always had to be brewed hot; never knew a lengthy steep in cold water also works (as long as waiting for your coffee-fix isn't an issue). Cool (literally)!

• starbucks starbucks
        • 7/20/2011 3:44 PM

In reply to: xteenyxox

1. Brew as if you're making a full pot, but use half the water. (brew double strength: 4 tablespoons of coffee to 6 oz of water) 2. Fill remaining pot with ice, or add the same amount to a pitcher. 3. Serve fresh, over ice.

• starbucks_cafe
        • 7/30/2011 2:33 PM

In reply to: starbucks

I use a french press, as I am the only one who drinks coffee in my house so a full pot is not necessary. Are the directions the same still? And how long should I let the coffee steep?

• starbucks starbucks
    • 7/13/2011 9:53 AM

Thanks for chiming in deckman2009.

• debbielupton
    • 7/13/2011 5:12 PM

Just wondering if this iced coffee blend is like the Gazebo blend that I have been buying for a few years now in the summertime. I usually stock up so I will still have some for the winter months. I have always loved making my own iced coffee at home as well as having it at my local Starbucks. Thanks.

• jkrender1974
    • 7/13/2011 6:04 PM

How much caffiene is in one packet of the iced coffee blend packet, caramel flavored?

• suchateacher
    • 7/13/2011 7:30 PM

I wish that these lovely summer flavor profiles were available in both caffeinated and DECAF! It's a shame that there are so few decaf options and none of them are the new or summer flavor profiles... harumph! :) :) :)

• cnightwolf
    • 7/13/2011 9:20 PM

In stores this coffee is referred to as the "Terraza" blend. :D

• zooneu
    • 7/14/2011 5:05 AM

2 packs of raw sugar, a splash of half and half and a sprinkling of cinnamon ... done!

• SDNick484
    • 7/14/2011 1:04 PM

is this blend replacing the Gazebo Blend from previous summers? I see they're both from East Africa, and the packaging is reminiscent of last year's Gazebo Blend.

• jstekl
    • 7/14/2011 3:07 PM

Is this ground or whole bean?

• jpomeroy86
      • 7/14/2011 8:29 PM

In reply to: jstekl

It is whole bean. All coffee sold at Starbucks is whole bean. They don't sell pre-ground coffee. They will happy to grind it for you!

• SirSalem
        • 7/19/2011 4:38 PM

In reply to: jpomeroy86

Yup, I like that Starbucks only sells whole bean and I have never had a problem getting it ground. The people waiting in line behind me might not like the wait though.

• archibecca
    • 7/18/2011 6:23 AM

Venti iced, with skim milk and 1 pack of raw sugar. Love it. Thanks to Starbucks for bringing out the iced coffee blend. We loved Gazebo last years. We've been brewing the (RED) East Africa Blend for our iced coffee at home so far this summer (we've been through one pack and have started on another!). It has great flavor iced, also!

• kaired
    • 7/19/2011 7:14 AM

Trenta with 2% milk and 2 splenda... yum!

• kiginac86
    • 7/19/2011 7:49 PM

love my grande sweetened room for cream iced coffee- and i'm a little generous with the cream :)

• worrellb
    • 7/20/2011 11:16 AM

I love my iced coffee with nonfat milk and 2 pumps of SF Cinnamon Dolce....yum!

• katieelise12
    • 7/23/2011 7:32 PM

My handmade caramel syrup and a splash of our raw goat milk! Great afternoon treat!

• perrik
    • 7/26/2011 7:36 PM

I'll second the recommendation for Starbucks Red as iced coffee, and add one for Kenya. Any citrusy coffee is fantastic over ice! I just ran out of Red, so I've a good excuse to try the new blend. Hope it's as good as Gazebo, which was darn near addictive.

• bygdan
    • 7/27/2011 1:49 PM

Trenta with milk and sugar please! 4 a day if you'd be so kind as to deliver.

• kathys@ohioinsurance.org
    • 7/29/2011 1:12 PM

Non-fat grande with one pump of mocha. Yum!

• dorispa1
    • 7/29/2011 1:14 PM

I drink my grande with skim milk and vanilla, then I add a splash of half n half and a packet of splenda!! Yummy Then since I am gold I get a free refill!! Can't beat it!

• Coffee Mum
    • 7/29/2011 1:18 PM

1% milk and a tablespoon or two of sweetened condensed milk! YUM-O!!

• gundam5388
    • 7/29/2011 1:18 PM

Do you have any recipes for iced coffee that i can make and leave in the fridge?

• danitaday
      • 7/29/2011 1:44 PM

In reply to: gundam5388

I've been making this cold brewed coffee recipe below all summer and it's wonderful and easy. I use Starbucks Sumatra blend. I grind the beans coarse (French Press Setting). I'm curious how this new iced coffee blend will taste with this recipe. I plan to try it.

Additionally, I only put 1 T of brown sugar vs. the 3 in the recipe. I don't like sweet drinks. The cinnamon is a nice addition if you like cinnamon.

• bonniecreel
      • 7/29/2011 1:52 PM

In reply to: gundam5388

See the recipe from lovesavesall above. I haven't tried it but it sounds magnificent.

• CurtHeuer
        • 9/12/2011 11:37 AM

In reply to: bonniecreel

I've been brewing my coffee at home using that method all summer. I got the original procedure from a NY Times article where it was referred to as New Orleans Iced Coffee. Apparently you can buy the pre-made syrup (they like it sweet in N.O.) in the grocery. I've tried using Starbucks Sumatra DeCafe (my favorite), Espresso Decafe (OK but a bit bitter) and lately Verona Decafe (not as rich as Sumatra but cheaper). I'll never go back to hot-brewed iced coffee again!

• blanquitaloca89
    • 7/29/2011 1:27 PM

I like mine with 4 pumps of caramel syrup and half-and-half. I keep forgetting to double brew it but I definitely am next time!

• FoodHealthLife
    • 7/29/2011 1:35 PM

I make my coffee regular strength, put it in a glass that is thick (example;a beer mug) with no milk or sugar so it can be put in at the time of drinking or not. The thicker the glass the better for keeping it cold while you drink it.

• FoodHealthLife
      • 7/29/2011 1:38 PM

In reply to: FoodHealthLife

sorry, forgot to say, I put the thick glass mug in the freezer for an hour at lest, cool the coffee in the fridge before I put it in the frosted mug to drink it. Therefore I don't need ice, which dilutes the flavour.

• mitchell_lardner@yahoo.com
    • 7/29/2011 1:35 PM

Grande unsweetened easy ice.

• duckfiend
    • 7/29/2011 1:35 PM

We've been making ice cubes with our coffee. Sometimes the cubes are a little soft (and sometimes they'll freeze solid), but that way when the cubes melt, they don't dilute the coffee.
    A serving of Bailey's Creamer, those coffee cubes and some sugar substitute and that's just the way I like it. :)

• eurasianlynx
      • 8/11/2011 8:13 PM

In reply to: duckfiend

Love the "coffee cubes" idea (and the Bailey's, too). Oh, and I'm also a Splendaholic, though I've been meaning to try a stevia derivation, like Truvía.

• najaster
    • 7/29/2011 1:45 PM

A recipe for an iced mocha at home would be great. I like the Iced Via packet, but it is a bit sweet after I add the chocolate. Tried the regular Via which works well. However, the bags of coffee would be a much better way to go for regular use. I like to make a pitcher of it because I go through a lot of it. :-)

• wholebeanvsdrip
    • 7/29/2011 1:54 PM

What a perfect blend for iced coffee! I have attempted for YEARS to make decent iced coffee at home. I have a grinder, I have a Technivorm Moccamaster, and I thought I had the right coffee. Well, I learned (from the side of the bag) that I was not making my coffee correctly. My proportions of coffee to water were all wrong, and although I was using really good coffee, it wasn't suitable for iced coffee. So, thanks for the terrific blend, and thanks for teaching me how to make it!

• Jahman7
    • 7/29/2011 1:58 PM

I love this blend of coffee, whether iced or not. It's great. I also bought the VIA Instant blend of this stuff, that stuff sucked. Might have been better if it weren't sweetened and you left that up to me to sweeten it. Oh well, still love this stuff and might be buying it often.

• curleyq99
    • 7/29/2011 2:29 PM

I drink venti size with toffeenut syrup and a splash of half and half

• lsubryan05
    • 7/29/2011 3:02 PM

my daily drink! Grande iced coffee, no classic, no milk, 1 splenda please! can't live without it!

• quixlil
    • 7/29/2011 3:17 PM

Does someone know how to make the marble mocha machiatto in iced version using the iced coffee beans?

• Avoicedoc
    • 7/29/2011 3:40 PM

I feel descriminated against at SB because I need decaf for health reasons. All the neat, new things don't come in decaf. Please think of use who must have decaf......

• eurasianlynx
      • 8/11/2011 8:03 PM

In reply to: Avoicedoc

Aww.... I don't drink decaf but, I empathize with you. I think you and all the other decaf folks should petition Starbucks for greater representation!

• heatherleighstanley
    • 7/29/2011 4:25 PM

Grande unsweet with soy

• luvclay
    • 7/29/2011 4:51 PM

I wish the iced coffee was the terrazzo blend..i'm addicted to it.I get a venti no room no sweetner every morning..PLEASE start selling the terrazzo iced coffee

• mjbslb
    • 7/29/2011 5:55 PM

Can't wait to try this new blend. Do they serve it in the stores as their iced coffee?

I would love to see Starbucks start serving almond milk for us low-carbers.

• katmaster89
    • 7/30/2011 5:24 AM

I'm all about the milk & make Iced Via with that, plus 13 drops of Chocolate Stevia extract... I think with using 1/2 the water to brew, I can use milk instead of ice... can't wait to try!

• boggett2001
    • 7/30/2011 6:34 AM

I'm afraid I need a bit of clarification on how to make the iced coffee. I like to make up four cups of coffee at a time and keep it in the fridge. So you're saying the amount of coffee for those four cups would be the same, but I would only need 2 cups of water? If so, I'm going to give that a try. And I suppose you could make up this recipe in an electric counter-top iced tea maker.

• PurelyCoffeeBeans
    • 7/30/2011 8:59 AM

Yeah, I saw that in Starbucks. I love to drink iced coffee but it took me a while to figure out that double strength was the only way to avoid a watery drink, and a flavorless experience!

• knombrano@hotmail.com
    • 9/8/2011 2:52 PM

I love this blend! I am an avid iced coffee drinker & I love this blend! (i know I already said that), I brew like it says, pour into my coffee mug ready with ice & add 3 splenda! Delicioso!