I’m Dreaming of Cranberry Bliss® Bar

I love the holiday season: snow-capped mountains, a busy shopping mall packed with shoppers and all the yummy traditions that go along with the season. And every year my taste buds eagerly await my aunt’s sugar cookies, shaped like stars and trees, and topped with delectable frosting and occasionally the crunchy sprinkle or two.

While my aunt makes more every season, they still go too fast – and I always find myself wanting just one more. I just tell myself you have to enjoy it while you can!

The same goes for our returning Cranberry Bliss® Bar – everyone’s favorite traditional delight is returning for its 13th year beginning today. This holiday classic is made with a delicious blondie cake base, topped with sweet cream cheese icing and tart dried cranberries and garnished with a delicious drizzle including white chocolate and orange zest.

But I wouldn’t wait to enjoy a Cranberry Bliss® Bar with a cup of our Christmas Blend, because it will be gone before you know it. And if it’s anything like my aunt’s house there will be plenty of folks competing for these treats – so enjoy lots and swiftly!

• georgettew
    • 11/17/2010 7:54 AM

Unfortunately, although the Cranberry Bliss Bar has apparently been around for 13 years, Starbucks decided to mess with a good thing! The new "blondie" cake is absolutely disgusting! Sickeningly sweet, overly moist (almost to the point of mushiness) and filled with hard chunks of white chocolate (which bears an unfavourable similiarity to leftover chunks of hardened icing). BRING BACK THE OLD BARS PLEASE!!!!!!

• gared111
      • 10/17/2013 6:22 AM

In reply to: georgettew

100% agreed! This used to be my favorite Starbucks item, and now it just taste like solid sugar. Yuk! They have made them smalled & increased the price too.

• neata2000
    • 11/18/2010 12:33 PM

I first discovered this AMAZING treat about 4-5 years ago and boy they are good! Every year I anticipate the holiday season when they hit the stores. I was in BLISS recently on a trip to Arizona, when there was only one left on the tray and it was all mine =) I'm back in NY now and for a week already, there hasn't been a day that goes by that I didn't stop in to grab one of these. If you know whats good for you, catch em' while you can. I know I will!

• sfmoored
    • 11/18/2010 7:23 PM

Oh no @georgettew did they change the recipe?? I was so looking forward to a Bliss Bar. I loved those! :(

• KirstenKulyk
    • 11/19/2010 9:02 AM

Like Georgettew above, I am sooooo disappointed in the recipe change. I just had one today and threw half of it in the garbage. It used to be my favourite and if this recipe is the one Starbucks continues to use going forward, I will never have another. Please bring back the original bliss bar - this one sucks.

• pat10car
      • 11/26/2010 9:25 PM

In reply to: KirstenKulyk

like george and kirsten my wife and i had a cranberry bliss bar this evening and we returned one as the cookie part or bottom seemed uncooked like raw dough and did not taste like years past . no gingerbread flavour. too sweet and soggy! if it aint broke y fix it. thanks

• planetblue
    • 11/20/2010 12:48 PM

Whatever happened to the orange-cranberry bars?? Those were even better than the original Cranberry Bliss!!!

• junoboy83
    • 11/28/2010 5:41 PM

I too am disappointed with the changes in the bar. It's flimsy, mushy and not nearly as flavorful as it used to be.

• pcoulter1
    • 11/29/2010 1:09 PM

Cranberry Bliss!?!?! More like Cranberry Miss. This new recipe really sucks - please bring back the old one!!!

• skulmatycki
    • 11/30/2010 10:56 AM

I agree, please bring back the old bliss bar and bring back berry blossom tea while you are at it.

• quokkasystems
    • 12/2/2010 8:59 PM

I just bought the first Cranberry Bliss bar of the season for my wife. She is VERY disappointed. I asked the barista and he confirmed the recipe had changed. If the old way was too expensive, put the price up. You'll sell them. GASP.

• admin admin
    • 12/3/2010 4:21 PM

The Cranberry Bliss Bar is a perennial favorite and helps to ring in the holiday season in our stores. In the US, it's been a returning holiday classic for a blissful 13 years! If you are located in Canada, the Cranberry Bliss bar has a new blondie base, topped with a layer of sweet, creamy, cream cheese icing It's then sprinkled with tart dried cranberries, a little orange zest to round out the flavors and drizzled with a sweet white chocolate drizzle. It's still the same holiday favorite among many including myself and reminiscent of a sweet, flavorful cookie bar that tells me it's time for the holiday season once again.

• cnguyen07
    • 2/1/2011 4:50 PM

Looks so delicious!

• deb1988
    • 7/12/2011 3:31 PM

Now less than 6 months to be able to enjoy these again. SO looking forward to this holiday treat. A little tart from the cranberries and that cream cheese icing is so good with the Christmas Blend coffee.

• billyblues
    • 11/10/2011 8:26 PM

stumbled on this blog, when I googled the Cranberry bliss bar. I have found a couple recipes that I want to try...but I'm wondering..
    ANY WORD YET ON WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK IN THE STORE??

please, anyone? :-D

• BaBaKata
      • 12/9/2011 11:44 AM

In reply to: billyblues

Crandberry Bliss Bars are in the stores right now! I don't like the Bondie base much either. It us to be a little higher and not so thin. Why in the world did they change a GOOD THING. If it's not broke ....don't fix it!! Geez!

• bingo1059
    • 11/21/2012 4:16 PM

I am surprised at the negative reaction to the new recipe. The old one had a disgusting, absolutely fowl gingerbread flavor with a lemony icing and it was hard as a rock? There was nothing good about it. I only tried this years on a fluke because a friend got it for me. It's moist and delicious with an exquisite cream cheese frosting (Instead of that disgusting lemon frosting!). I literally obsess over the new recipe! It's one reason I get so fat Christmas

Why would anyone like the old one?