From Pumpkin Patch to Bakery: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin

Pumpkin Spice Latte isn’t the only pumpkin in the family – have you ever met (or tried) PSL’s tasty cousin, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin? This tasty treat is filled with delectable cream cheese frosting and topped with candied pumpkin seeds, and has the same great warm spice flavor you love.

While PSL is our most famous pumpkin flavored treat, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin is just as delicious. Read on to discover some not-so-well-known facts about this muffin.

• Pumpkins get their red-orange color from the pigment known as beta carotene. Telling yourself this helps you enjoy the rich, creamy indulgence even more.
  • Like PSL, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin has its own acronym here in the Starbucks office – PCCM.
  • This tasty muffin is packed with real pumpkin, just like you’d pick from the pumpkin patch.
  • An average-size pumpkin makes about fifty Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. We needed a seriously large wheelbarrow to get all those pumpkins to our bakery.

What’s your favorite Starbucks pumpkin treat?

• jbremser23
    • 9/27/2011 9:43 AM

Hi Erin- I am a fan of all things pumpkin but the problem with the muffins is they are not a very portable snack. Muffins are great if you have time to sit down and eat but it is hard to drive and eat a muffin at the same time without getting crumbs all over your shirt and your car seat. I think Starbucks should use the same concept of pumpkin spice and ***** cheese icing but make it a pumpkin bar that is easy to eat and portable. It can be known as the PSB (Pumpkin Spice Bar!!) Just an idea.Thx.

• jbremser23
    • 9/27/2011 9:44 AM

The Pumpkin Spice Bar would be just like the Cranberry Holiday Bliss Bar but more of a pumpkin flavor and taste obviously.....

• JavaOcha
    • 9/28/2011 1:43 PM

The pumpkin seeds are not good. Would LOVE to see something pairing pumpkin with ***** cheese and dark mocha... how about a dark mocha fudge w/ pumpkin and ***** cheese swirls?

• jbremser23
    • 9/28/2011 1:57 PM

JavaOcha- Pumpkin and dark mocha fudge sounds awesome!! Great idea. Also I have no idea why the site blocks (******) out the word "*****" in ***** cheese?? Ha. Anyway. Bring on more pumpkin snacks!! (with or without ***** cheese)

• flute919
    • 9/29/2011 5:53 PM

I love the pumpkin spice latte!!!! My favorite so far! Will have to see if I can find the muffin.

• bjkorn
    • 9/29/2011 7:47 PM

maybe we have to find a way to spell *****(: c.r.e.a.m !

• janamcd
    • 10/2/2011 4:37 PM

I love the pumpkin muffins! I wait for them to come out every fall. The best part is the ***** cheese filling, even if it is messy.

• SGCTennis
    • 10/3/2011 5:16 PM

With the final review and release of Amanda Knox from the Italian prison....cleared of all issues (as expected by all legal analysts)....All she was said to say initially was she wanted to go home to Seattle.
    As the ruling Kings of Seattle ....Starbucks should have a temporary drink available where $1 goes to help her rebuild her life after the long and erroneous incarceration for 4 yrs......."Gimme a Knox".....make that a Double Knox"....no Ill take a Knox Grande'. Welcome Home Amanda!!!

• mystarbucksidea
    • 10/3/2011 11:34 PM

SGCTennis, bad idea!

• jep278
    • 10/4/2011 4:01 AM

Does Panera have iced PSL or just hot??

• Mrsreg
    • 10/4/2011 12:41 PM

SGCTennis - can't agree - acquitted doesn't mean not guilty , and what about the poor girl who lost her life? This isn't the place for a discussion on the rights & wrongs, but AK won't need any financial help from us in the coffee buying community once she starts doing the media rounds! Starbucks is world wide, and there are people outside the US who would be un happy with her being honored in that way........

• pumaskater
    • 10/4/2011 5:34 PM

I feel that the muffin is too dry at times. I wish that the ***** cheese was all throughout the muffin; not just on the top....and, I like the seeds on top :)

• azmandy99
    • 10/5/2011 12:49 PM

Have you had a chance to try the pumpkin scones? They are delicious, but I am finding that the Starbucks I frequent seems to run out of them. This is a huge disappointment to me, as i usually get a PSL and a snck while I drive to my evening college classes. I would like to see the PSL's on the menu all the way through the holidays (after Christmas and New Year). They usually disappear shortly after Thanksgiving which is just so heartbreaking!!

• adamslee
    • 10/6/2011 2:59 PM

The Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin is my favorite pastry this time of year! Second to anything with apple and cinnamon it in.

• vanhuisen@gmail.com
    • 10/23/2011 12:31 PM

I'm OK with the sandwich prices but whats with this pastry bites for 2 bucks a bite. A stale one at that.

• debski9949
    • 11/3/2011 12:59 PM

I would love to enjoy PSL and the Pumpkin Muffins, but the nutritionals on both are prohibitive. 430 calories with 14g of fat for a muffin is just not ok. Please make the PSL syrup sugar free and work on the nutritionals for the muffin so health conscious people can enjoy as well.

• amylegrand1
    • 11/7/2011 4:43 PM

You can do a PSL nonfat without whip as a special treat....

• deb1988
    • 11/22/2011 3:44 PM

I would love to see holiday offerings such as a fruit tart or perhaps a pumpkin cream cheese mini tart.

• chenkun
    • 11/27/2011 6:22 AM

( ==== www.vogueboom.com ==== )
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now! You must not miss it!
    jordan air max oakland raiders $30--39;