Fall is Catching Up with Me

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin

After a long, care-free summer with sunny days, lots of dinners enjoyed on the patio and plenty of outdoor activities, fall is rapidly catching up with me.

My best friend loves the fall season, so every year I love the conversation that comes about where I try to convince her to enjoy summer just a little longer – before giving up and deciding that I too must retire my white jeans and go back to busier schedules and chillier weather.

Besides my annual fall chat there are many other small moments that remind me fall is coming. Here are my favorite signs fall is here:

- The weekend you go back to the store and find it full of backpacks and pencils.
- The first time you see someone wearing boots and know that means you can start too.
- Enjoying my first Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin.

What are your favorite signs fall is coming?

• JoshuaMoc
    • 9/23/2010 6:35 PM

The changing leaves. Though I prefer to enjoy them from inside, looking out. Also the smell of a pumpkin candle. Yum

• maryet49
    • 9/24/2010 1:11 PM

Comfortable weather, blue skies, warm winds, the beautiful colors when the trees are changing. Sitting with friends talking about the latest new of their families of a warm Starbucks drink now matter what even if it's just coffee!!! Just loving life!

• scorp1117
    • 9/26/2010 1:12 PM

Well here in the tropics (Fort Lauderdale) we only have 2 seasons ... hot and HOTTER. So I tell that fall is really happening around the country when my Starbucks gets in the pumpkin scones, muffins, lattes et.al Oh yeah, and when traffic starts to get clogged with the snowbirds ... (sigh)

• sherit99
    • 9/26/2010 4:05 PM

I too LOVE fall! I love the smells of falls, the candles, the spicy smells in the bakeries. And I wait patiently for my revered pumpkin spice muffins. I also treasure my pumkin spiced lattes and spiced ***** cider while I'm freezing at those early morning soccer games. Summer seems to be hanging on this year, so I have found a new favorite Chi Tea with pumpkin spice, ICED. Could fall come any sooner and bring me this treat in July, when it's 105 degrees?

• KevinJohansen
    • 9/28/2010 11:13 AM

Is there anything better than the orange elixir of pumpkin spice after a fall hike?

• krista_kay
    • 9/30/2010 8:47 AM

fall is my favorite season, and i always celebrate with a pumpkin spice latte! The best!!!

• Mschaney30
    • 10/25/2010 9:17 AM

Some signs I enjoy knowing fall is near are, the cold crisp mornings where I need to layer my clothes in order to enjoy our early football games while sipping on my hot sweet peppermint mocha....

• 121498c
    • 11/29/2010 6:08 PM

Oh i think that fall is a sing of colored leaves and holloween.