Buy Starbucks Blonde Roast, Get a Free Beverage

Buy Starbucks Blonde Roast, Get a Free Beverage

If you haven’t tried our lighter roast yet, now’s the time. Between February 6-8 at participating stores in the United States and Canada, purchase a Starbucks® Blonde Roast 16 oz. bag or a Starbucks VIA Veranda Blend 12 pack and get a free handcrafted beverage of your choice – any size, no less! So you can indulge in your favorite beverage in the store while stocking up on a new favorite Starbucks® Blonde Roast coffee for brewing at home or on the go.

• Auntliz61
    • 2/4/2012 6:48 AM

Need suggestions on how to enjoy the Veranda blend coffee. I bought the 12-pack of instant coffee and have tried it 4 ways but I am not liking it. I can't find my receipt so I don't think I can return it.

• audiyo
      • 2/4/2012 9:06 AM

In reply to: Auntliz61

try adding 2 packs to a batch of sugar cookies with a little cinnamon.

• shawniedee
      • 2/5/2012 10:13 AM

In reply to: Auntliz61

I also chilled the Veranda Via and enjoyed it as an iced beverage. I have also use Via packets in cooking before, in gravy, as a marinade, sprinkled on vanilla or chocolate ice cream. For some flavors of Via which I didn't like, I left them in the common area for co-workers to enjoy. The possibilities are endless :)

• dwolf5267
      • 2/6/2012 12:22 PM

In reply to: Auntliz61

It sounds funny but I mix instant coffee and regular brew coffee together in my coffee maker in the morning. I too think starbucks coffee is a bit strong. So I take for 10 cups two heaping Tablespoons of a ground coffee and a teaspoon of instant and then brew the pot as you would normally.

• annmacias
      • 2/6/2012 2:57 PM

In reply to: Auntliz61

use it in CHEESE CAKE!!! it's so good. Just add one instant veranda VIA to your "1st" try and if it's not enough (can't taste it) add a second.

• cindiscoffee
      • 2/6/2012 7:38 PM

In reply to: Auntliz61

I like mine with about 1 to 1 1/2 oz (a shot glass full) of half/half, sugar free caramel and sugar free cinnamon dolce' (that's the way I have the Barista's fix it at the store) I usually order a grande size.

• nascar4433
      • 2/6/2012 11:56 PM

In reply to: Auntliz61

Hi...I use the 12-pack caramel coffee, and I only use 1/2 for an 8 oz. cup. I microwave the water until hot (2-3 mins. depending on your microwave), then add the product. Otherwise it's way too strong. Good luck!

• EJGOLD
    • 2/5/2012 1:46 PM

You may like it more deeply brewed. I find it is better if I leave it in the Press longer than four minutes -- might be worth a try. Or if you are using Via try less water or double up on the packs---

• sagarsharon
      • 2/5/2012 4:12 PM

In reply to: EJGOLD

I have used it to make a blended coffee drink. I put about 1 to 1 1/2 cups crushed ice, 2 packets of Via, some honey or agave nectar to sweeten, about a cup of non-fat milk, and a little frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Blend it all up (sometimes I throw in a coffee bean or two)- YUM! My favorite drink if I can't get down for a frappuccino.

• sandiwall
    • 2/5/2012 8:03 PM

I love the new blonde roast. Cant wait until tomorrow morning to buy some and get my free drink!!!!

• dawnmacl
    • 2/6/2012 10:16 AM

Bummer - I missed this special offer by 2 days. I just bought my Blonde Roast!

• joolie24
    • 2/6/2012 11:08 AM

I wish Veranda Blend was available in Decaf. Any chance that's in the works?

• TeddeK
      • 2/6/2012 11:43 AM

In reply to: joolie24

I hope so. I cannot drink they're regular decaf. It's very, very bitter for those of us that drink our coffee black.

• GrammaSo
        • 2/6/2012 12:04 PM

In reply to: TeddeK

TeddeK - Try adding a little salt to the decaf. I find if my coffee is bitter a little salt helps.

• dmh5858
        • 2/6/2012 5:58 PM

In reply to: TeddeK

TeddeK.... I use 1/2 pkg of the decaf per large mug because I use to find it too strong for my taste. Maybe this will help you enjoy the decaf a bit more!

• coffeeemi
      • 2/6/2012 8:31 PM

In reply to: joolie24

I just bought the Veranda blend decaf in the grocery store. I know Safeway on the west coast has it, and if you live somewhere else, try a store that sells Starbucks coffee. My grocery store had the blond and medium in decaf.

• danielle32668
      • 2/6/2012 10:59 PM

In reply to: joolie24

They have decaf in most (if not all) of the starbucks stores

• stylelady13
    • 2/6/2012 11:08 AM

I tried this roast the other day and fell in love. Gonna pick some up and get a free drink for a treat! I love free!

• rgkrgk
    • 2/6/2012 11:09 AM

My wife & I like it. Seems to not leave a strong after taste, like some blend do. Also, according to what I can tell, it might have a bit higher caffeine. Question: What is the free drink size and is it for brewed only? We already get a free brewed with a pound, as a gold card holder. (tall size.)

• pftdan
      • 2/6/2012 11:37 AM

In reply to: rgkrgk

The discription above says "any size". I'm pretty sure "hand-crafted beverage" means any drink - specially or brewed.

• lizabethz@cox.net
      • 2/6/2012 4:47 PM

In reply to: rgkrgk

I have a gold card as well. You actually get a tall beverage of your choice, not just brewed. Per the starbucks website on the rewards section of the gold card: "Get more coffee with your coffee. When you use your registered Starbucks Card to buy 1 lb of our whole bean coffee, we’ll give you any Tall (12 fl oz) beverage of your choice." Just thought I would pass that on :-)

• amyssmnd
        • 2/7/2012 7:06 AM

In reply to: lizabethz@cox.net

I too have a gold card but I don't drink coffee, I love the chai tea. When I bought a pound of coffee for my boyfriend, they asked me if I wanted my free cup of coffee and I said I would like a chai tea instead. They told me I could not get one for free but could get $1.50 off the price of it. So the "any tall beverage of your choice" only refers to coffee. :(

• heathero215
        • 2/7/2012 3:22 PM

In reply to: amyssmnd

I am also a big fan of the Chai. I stopped into the Starbucks on 66th in Manhattan today. Was going to buy the Blond specifically for the "free drink" The woman told me I can only get a free coffee. She was about to rip the pound of coffee open and I said, "No thank you then" She wasn't listening to me while looking out the window and I said, "FORGET IT FORGET IT" Not a smart move by Starbucks. I would have served it to guests &I'm sure they would have gotten 1 person to buy it!

• pftdan
    • 2/6/2012 11:35 AM

About how much does a pound of coffee at starbucks cost?

• nikrkink
    • 2/6/2012 12:18 PM

I bought a pound this morning along with 2 drinks and didn't gett one for free...what's up with that???

• Judigeistlinger
    • 2/6/2012 1:25 PM

The store I visited this afternoon specifically told me that it was only for a tall and then proceeded to charge me for the tall size anyway. I was so abgry and frustrated that they would not listen to what I said or read the email offer on my phone. Terrible customer service!

• athebeach99
      • 2/6/2012 5:03 PM

In reply to: Judigeistlinger

the same thing happened to me at the Starbucks in Easton, MA - They refused to give me a venti and said they would only give me a tall.

• amy190e
      • 2/7/2012 6:48 AM

In reply to: Judigeistlinger

Me too. I was told that in order to get a free drink it had to be a coffee and pay with my registered Starbucks card. I told them that isn't on SB's website for the promotion and Facebook and they refused to honor it. Sorely disappointed this morning.

• rollinsroy
        • 2/7/2012 8:44 AM

In reply to: amy190e

i had a problem too; guy at the counter first said I had to bring the empty bag back to get my drink; i asked him to check- someone else said I had to have my rewards card, put money on it then I could use that to get my drink. I asked- how is that free? She just repeated what she said, I said that is not free. They had it written on two different boards in the store and had the blond roast bags out to promote it-but the drink is not free. I even checked the fine print on the email. I walked out.

• nankatfog
        • 2/7/2012 3:08 PM

In reply to: amy190e

That is not true you should have gotten "ANY" drink for free when buying the coffee. Heck I got my husband his $6 Quad Vent Mocha and paid nothing for it and I didn't use the gold card.

• trbucks
    • 2/6/2012 7:52 PM

Not interested in blond roast. It's weak and unappetizing. Bad choice of names. too.

• nickyocm
    • 2/6/2012 10:43 PM

how can get free ?

• maslibertad
    • 2/6/2012 10:44 PM

Do the offer count when you buy it at a Starbucks inside a grocery store?

• danielle32668
    • 2/6/2012 11:01 PM

Some stores are franchises not corporately owned so they might not acknowledge the offer

• ecummings1
    • 2/7/2012 10:58 AM

Tried to get this offer at my Starbucks, they told me I couldn't get a free drink with the Via packs! Bummer.

• Happy50
    • 2/7/2012 2:49 PM

I wish Howard Schultz could see how licensed stores are ruining the Starbucks experience. We love Starbucks and only have 2 licensed Starbucks in our area...it's the ONLY place to get Starbucks and both locations are turning their stores into Kroger or Target grocery store coffee ****'s...they don't want to acknowledge any of my Gold Card Rewards emails/offers and treat me like Im a snob for asking for Gold Card Rewards. It's like Kroger and Target have completely taken over the Starbucks.

• nankatfog
    • 2/7/2012 3:02 PM

I love the people at the Starbucks I go to. They have always been awesome. I went in to get my husband his quad venti mocha which is $5.85 and saw the sign about the free coffee so I grabbed a bag and mentioned it the sales girls. She didn't know anything about it. She asked her manager if any of the drinks were free and he said yes and to punch in a code. And all I paid was $11.95 for the coffee.

• sjhallifax
    • 2/8/2012 10:24 AM

I had a problem too. After giving me an "I dunno," someone flipped through their signs to find a buried one and told me it was only on the 1lb bag (I wanted to get VIA) and only for a coffee. So much for that. Sorry, Starbucks, you make your offers good, but too complex for min wage staff to get right. #fail

• katbird_27
    • 2/11/2012 8:23 PM

I have ALWAYS found Starbucks coffee way too strong! so I'm LOVING the blonde roast! does ANYONE know when/if they will be available in k-cups?

• chriscof1
    • 2/23/2012 2:54 PM

I gotta say this coffee ***** lol. I bought some, tried all different grind settings from espresso to drip etc... it's so bland, barely any taste even as espresso. Def disappointed, only 12 bucks feels like I just wasted money for no reason. I didn't realize when the lady said do I want a tall coffee that it was free, thought she was just asking if I wanted to buy a drink too.

• Jwalaa
    • 3/29/2012 3:13 AM

I have a good feeling about this. Great job guys and thanks for the coffee.

• kaukani